Make Up Artist Cover Letter
Make Up Artists help clients improve their appearance and are usually employed by media or entertainment companies. Essential job duties of a Make Up Artist are discussing visual requirements with clients, developing design ideas, collaborating with hair stylists, optimizing make up processes, maintaining their knowledge of beauty products, and adapting make up to story requirements. Those who are self-employed also need to handle promotion activities and finance.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples, the most sought-after skills for this job are the following:
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Stamina and resilience
- Customer service abilities
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Self-promotion and motivation
Those interested in a Make Up Artist career can check relevant skills and abilities in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Make Up Artist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. McLean:
When I learned of Nordstrom’s need for an experienced Make Up Artist for its MAC counter, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. As a skilled, client-centric, and creative professional with six years of experience providing makeup artistry and services to department store customers, I am confident that I could make a significant and positive impact at your bottom line.
For the past six years I have provided valuable make up artistry, sales, and customer service support at Macy’s Clinique counter. From identifying customer needs and evaluating their skin tones to applying products and educating customers on application techniques, my background lies in providing outstanding client service and satisfaction. Additionally, my excellent interpersonal skills and my sharp eye for detail are certain to render me an immediate asset to your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Presenting and selling Clinique products at Macy’s, performing customer makeovers, applying sample products, and leveraging deep understanding of makeup color, tone, and shade to accelerate product sales and subsequent revenue growth.
- Increasing Clinique sales by 22% in just three years through “on the fly” makeovers and skin treatments, as well as “must-have” add-on product sales.
- Customizing skincare regimens for each customer’s specific needs and requirements, utilizing my exhaustive knowledge of specific product features and benefits.
- Booking cosmetic counter events and maintaining an extensive client booklist for future parties and VIP invitations.
- Creating merchandising displays for new and seasonal products in accordance with brand vision.
- Building rewarding relationships with customers through expert product knowledge, application dexterity, and overall warm and approachable demeanor.
With my expertise in makeup application and product sales, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you and outperform your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Katie G. Jones