Kitchen Porter Cover Letter
Kitchen Porters are entry-level employees responsible for washing dishes and assisting with food preparation. This job is suitable for flexible people who are available to work on shifts and who can stand on their feet most of the day. Typical work activities of a Kitchen Porter include: unloading food from delivery trucks, replenishing supplies, washing dishes and utensils, making sure appliances are in good working condition, cleaning and disinfecting work stations, and removing waste.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Kitchen Porter, no special qualification is required for this job, but the following skills are needed:
- Physical fitness and health
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Effective communication and teamwork
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Staying calm under pressure
- Time management and multitasking
- Food hygiene awareness
- Being able to follow verbal and written instructions
Below is provided an example cover letter for Kitchen Porter showcasing similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Kitchen Porter Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Tollino:
In my search for a restaurant position that supports my skills and provides opportunities for growth, I discovered the posting for a Kitchen Porter at Theo’s Bar & Grill and quickly decided to submit my resume for your review. With my keen interest in pursuing a career in the restaurant industry, as well as my commitment to dynamic team collaboration, I would significantly benefit your establishment.
My background includes three years of experience in support roles within fast-paced, high-pressure restaurant kitchens. From operating commercial machines and manually washing dishes to preparing ingredients for chefs and cleaning a range of equipment, my experience has prepared me to excel in this role. My additional strengths in communication, time management, and unwavering reliability are sure to make me an immediate asset to Theo’s kitchen team.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring top-notch hygiene and food safety standards to maintain a clean, tidy, and compliant restaurant kitchen.
- Performing various tasks including unloading food/equipment deliveries, collecting and disposing of waste, and maintaining sufficient supplies of service counters.
- Keeping up with a constant flow of dirty cookware and service ware to avoid wash-up backlogs.
- Maintaining a friendly rapport with chefs, servers, and peers across all work areas.
With my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success in the restaurant industry, coupled with my professional background and my transferable skill set, I could swiftly surpass your expectations and make a positive impact on your kitchen’s operations. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.