Hairdresser Cover Letter
Hairdressers help their clients improve physical appearance by giving haircuts and styling hair. Typical work activities of a Hairdresser include: advising clients on haircare needs, making styling recommendations, developing hairstyles for formal events, selling styling products and demonstrating their features, maintaining client records, sanitizing utensils, applying hair dye, and applying hot towel treatments. Hairdressers can work for a salon or be self-employed, in which case they’ll need to handle self-promotion.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Hairdresser, job requirements include:
- Hairstyling experience
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Customer service orientation
- Patience and being able to work on their feet for long hours
- Knowledge of the latest beauty trends
- A friendly personality
- Self-promotion skills
- Good listening skills
The example of a successful Hairdresser cover letter example showcasing similar skills is displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hairdresser Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. Wenz:
Upon learning of your search for a new Hairdresser to join your styling team at Courtney’s Salon, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly skilled and client-centric professional with more than six years of hair styling experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your salon.
As a graduate from the respected Gary Manuel Beauty Academy in Seattle, my education coupled with my experience is sure to make me an immediate asset to your team. My expertise lies in actively listening to clients and providing an outstanding level of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and a generous repeat and referral customer base. With my talent for consulting with clients and up-selling salon services, I am excited to put my knowledge and skills to work for your salon and ensure optimal client experiences.
The following skills demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Performing comprehensive hair styling services—including cuts, color processing, highlights, and specialty treatments—while striving to ensure full client satisfaction with the end results.
- Maintaining a return customer rate of 96.9% as a stylist with Heather Mackey Salon & Spa in La Jolla, CA.
- Personally maintaining a book of 53 clients; scheduling appointments, demonstrating and selling products, and educating customers on techniques to achieve and maintain healthy hair.
- Fostering rewarding relationships with customers through my comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and my warm, personable demeanor.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging style trends, and attending ongoing training classes and workshops to advance technique and knowledge.
I am confident in my ability to provide outstanding hair styling services to new and existing customers, and I am prepared to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role.
I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, further. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.