Disability Case Manager Cover Letter
Disability case managers oversee clients submitting various disability claims, assessing their needs and limitations while communicating across a wide array of professionals and providers to initiate and promote appropriate care and support. Typical work activities include interviewing clients, evaluating and researching claims, preparing return-to-work plans, and providing superior client service and support. Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organization abilities are highly valuable to success in this position, as is expertise in medical terminology and the healthcare industry.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Short-term and long-term disability claims
- Claim assessment and processing
- Patient treatment and care planning
- Return-to-work planning
- Records maintenance
- Service level agreements
- Case management
- Client rehabilitation
- Cross-functional team collaboration
- Community resources and programs
- Claim status updates
- Client service excellence
- Team building and leadership
Below you will find an example of a cover letter for a disability case manager noting comparable skills and experience.
Dear Ms. Wheat:
As a skilled disability specialist with more than 12 years of experience providing comprehensive services to patients suffering from short- and long-term disabilities, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in managing claims for clients from their initial claim through their return to work allows me to substantially assist Endeavor Insurance in meeting – and exceeding – its goals.
My background includes liaising between clients and employers to facilitate appropriate return-to-work plans while simultaneously evaluating and processing claims. With expertise in assessing client conditions and managing records, I am committed to consistently providing a superior level of client service while initiating care programs and plans to facilitate first-rate patient experiences.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling as a disability case manager with Uplink Services for the past 10 years, administering short-term, long-term, appeals, and seamless disability claims within strict service level agreements while managing a caseload of up to 110 claims
- Interviewing and assessing client conditions via telephone, uncovering their physical limitations and needs to inform optimal treatment plans and proposals
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and providers – including physicians, employers, rehabilitation consultants, legal providers, occupational health providers, and other experts – to assess claims and coordinate treatment plans, realizing optimal plans of care for patients
- Orchestrating community resources and vocational rehabilitation efforts, resulting in a 36% reduction of claims
- Performing deep research into the policies, agreements, and legal precedents affecting various disability claims
- Achieving recognition as “Employee of the Month” on four separate occasions due to superior client service as well as outstanding team coaching and leadership skills
With my expertise in managing disability cases and claims, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your company as your next disability case manager. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
William M. Ibanez