Community Outreach Coordinator Cover Letter
Community Outreach Coordinators seek to forge key relationships and beneficial partnerships with community members, organizations, funders and volunteers to optimize organizational awareness, growth and success. Work responsibilities for this position are centered on recruiting and training volunteers, organizing special events and fundraisers, and building strong community partnerships. These positions are often found in the nonprofit sector. Strong networking, communication and organization skills are assets in this role.
Successful cover letters for Community Outreach Coordinators often mention the following types of skills and qualifications:
- Volunteer recruiting, training, scheduling, managing
- Event planning and coordination
- Fundraising and benefits
- Community alliance and partnership building
- Relationship building and management
- Marketing and organizational awareness
- Logistical coordination
- Team building and leadership
For an example of a cover letter with similar abilities and experience, please see below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Community Outreach Coordinator Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Jones:
When I learned of your need for a new Community Outreach Coordinator to join your team at Cancer-Free Cleveland, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. With my strong experience facilitating community relationship management, event coordination, fundraising efforts and marketing initiatives, I feel confident in my ability to significantly benefit your organization in this role.
My background has consistently been characterized by my steadfast dedication to enhancing organizational performance and achieving, and often exceeding, objectives. With a unique blend of hands-on business experience coupled with success in fundraising and event/volunteer coordination for non-profit organizations, I am confident that my additional skills and qualifications will readily translate to this position, and render me an invaluable asset to your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Effectively coordinating fundraising, relationship building and management, special events and general program responsibilities to drive the success and growth of Health Wins Cleveland.
- Promoting organizational awareness; identifying, recruiting and training volunteers; and organizing benefit events while fortifying community partnerships.
- Working hand in hand with community partners to organize and execute a Health and Wellness Festival at the Cleveland Convention Center in 2014, 2015, and 2016 with 4,000+ attendees.
- Successful previous business experience in marketing, promotions, and program management in the healthcare sector.
- Developing solid, trusting relationships with peers and community members to achieve objectives.
- Utilizing superior organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to propel programs and teams to peak results.
With my record of success in marketing, fundraising and community partnerships, coupled with my superior communication talents and my eagerness to apply my skill set further within the nonprofit sector, I will certainly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and your organization’s needs, in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Joyce M. McLaughlin