Behavior Therapist Cover Letter
Behavior Therapists work with clients facing behavior challenges arising from emotional or mental disorders/difficulties. Typical responsibilities in this position include performing patient assessments, designing treatment plans and programs, monitoring progress, and encouraging goal achievement. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are required for success in this position, as is advanced education in cognitive behavior therapy.
Successful cover letters for this role often include mention of the following types of abilities and experience:
- Intake interviews/evaluations
- Behavior analysis and measurement
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) techniques
- Sequent learning
- Client records management
- Data collection and analysis
- Positive reinforcement/replacement behaviors
- Compassion and active listening
- Relationship building
A sample cover letter for a Behavior Therapist follows below, including similar skills and qualifications.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Quezada:
When I learned of your need for an experienced and dedicated Behavior Therapist, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. My experience working with children with emotional and mental challenges manifesting as behavior disorders – as well as my superior communication, active listening, and time management skills – give me confidence in my ability to significantly benefit your team.
From performing intake assessments and developing treatment plans to leading staff and parent workshops and maintaining detailed progress notes, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. My ability to swiftly connect with young individuals and establish trusting relationships, along with my strong interpersonal and analytical capabilities, position me to thrive in this capacity.
I invite you to consider the following qualifications I hold:
- Offering 1:1 therapeutic interventions to children from ages 6-12 in home, social and school settings during my 14-year career; teaching, modeling and coaching ABA techniques to improve skills in academics, communication, social interactions, play, cooperation and daily living.
- Conducting VB MAPP assessments and parent interviews, and consequently creating and implementing individualized treatment plans and programs to meet patient objectives.
- Communicating with behavior analysts, families and teachers to locate and maximize resources and ensure optimal experiences and outcomes.
- Leveraging excellent problem-solving and empathic talents to provide solutions and support in stressful and challenging situations.
With my experience in behavior analysis and management, complemented by my dedication to providing critical assistance to children in need, I believe I could quickly exceed your expectations for this role. The opportunity to discuss the position in further detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
David L. Warren