Translator Cover Letter
Translators produce versions of written materials in a different language making sure that the translated version maintains the meaning of the original message. Translators work on multiple types of content, falling under the following categories: literary, scientific, technical, legal, commercial, or educational. Main Translators responsibilities include reading materials, using relevant software, discussing requirements with clients, using specialist resources, proofreading materials in the target language, and making sure work is delivered in time.
Common Translator skills, based on our collection of cover letter samples, include:
- Good knowledge of two or more languages
- Outstanding command of grammar and writing skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Attention to details
- Computer competences and knowledge of translation-oriented software
- Self-motivation and discipline
- Networking and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication
- Deadline orientation
Below is provided an example cover letter for Translator displaying similar qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Translator Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Eldridge:
Upon review of your posting for a Translator at Green Team Technologies, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your review. As a skilled professional with more than 7 years of experience in providing highly accurate translating services, I feel confident of my ability to exceed your expectations for this role.
My background in successfully translating promotional and general business materials prepares me to substantially impact your organization. With my solid history of providing meticulous and reliable translations to achieve the closest matches in context/meaning—along with my superior communication and analytical talents—I am ready to extend my record of excellence with your company.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Serving as a translator in consecutive positions for reputable companies, communicating with cross-functional departments and managers to ensure seamless style, context, and overall meaning in the target language.
- Held full accountability for introducing the Humdinger Global Company to the Japanese market through superb translation of marketing and promotional literature.
- Multilingual with fluency in Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, German, and French.
- Organized and personable with an outstanding reputation for excellent team collaboration.
With my solid background, multi-language proficiency, and skill set, combined with my dedication to my career, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Nathan C. Holley