Freelance Translator Cover Letter
Freelance Translators are self-employed professionals who convert text from one language to another for a variety of clients. They may work with various document types, including legal, literary, scientific, technical, educational, and commercial. Activities a Freelance Translator usually performs include: discussing requirements with clients, reading documents, using translation computer programs, making sure the meaning of the original text is retained, prioritizing work to meet deadlines, using online research tools during the translation process, and asking clients about unclear points.
A well-written sample cover letter for Freelance Translator should highlight the following job skills:
- Strong knowledge of a foreign language
- English proficiency
- Knowledge of translation computer software
- Time management and deadline orientation
- Self-promotion skills
- Effective communication
- Problem-solving abilities
- Customer service orientation
A representative example cover letter for Freelance Translator is available below for consultation.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Freelance Translator Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Howell:
When I heard of your need for a Freelance Translator to assist you with your substantial task of translating 200+ web-based promotional materials from Farsi to English, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume outlining my experience and credentials for your review. With more than 17 years of experience in providing highly accurate translating services for a range of clients and industries, I feel confident of my ability to meet—or surpass—your expectations for this role.
My background in successfully translating business materials from English to Farsi (or vice versa) prepares me to meet your needs and requirements for this project. With my proven history of providing meticulous and reliable translations to achieve the closest matches in context/meaning—along with my strong communication and time management skills—I am ready to extend my record of excellence to you.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Delivering excellent translation services while meeting all requirements and deadlines in numerous freelance positions over the past three years following my 14-year career as a translator for Fodors.com.
- Ensuring seamless style, context, and overall meaning in the target language for all translated materials while applying proper language parameters such as grammar, syntax, semantics, and appropriate terminology.
- Maintaining stringent confidentiality concerning both clients and translated materials.
- Organized and personable with an outstanding reputation for my dedication and superior work ethic.
With my extensive background, Farsi/English language proficiency, and unwavering attention to detail, I am positioned to significantly benefit this project and excel in this role. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Linda R. Basham