Sous Chef Cover Letter
Sous Chefs are second in command in a kitchen and follow the instructions of a head chef. This job requires both culinary and managerial skills – Sous Chefs need to make sure dishes are prepared in an efficient manner and satisfy customers’ expectations. Essential responsibilities of a Sous Chef include: creating menus, managing kitchen staff, identifying training needs, directing food preparation when the head chef is not available, creating plate designs, and adhering to food hygiene standards.
A well-written cover letter sample for Sous Chef should emphasize the following skills and experiences:
- Culinary skills
- Kitchen management expertise
- Creativity and innovation
- Problem-solving orientation
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Attention to safety
- Computer literacy
- Research skills
Those interested in a Sous Chef position can check required qualifications in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Sous Chef Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Jackson:
Upon discovering your posting for a Sous Chef, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and detail-oriented professional with six years of experience supporting executive chefs with a full range of kitchen and food prep tasks, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Palladino Beach Grill’s goals.
My experience includes overseeing general kitchen activities, staff supervision, and supply management to streamline kitchen operations and realize optimal dining experiences for restaurant patrons. From scheduling and motivating staff and facilitating catering events to spearheading staff training initiatives and ensuring financial control and accountability, I excel at leveraging my thorough knowledge of food preparation and restaurant kitchen practices to provide an exceptional level of customer service.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Assisting the executive chef at H&W Fine Dining for the past six years as a Sous Chef; preparing a broad array of meals for 125-seat facility and optimizing food taste and quality to drive a 170% increase in entrée sales.
- Playing a key part in the creation of new menu items with a focus on local, in-season, and organic ingredients within budgetary guidelines.
- Possessing solid time management and organizational skills, along with superior talents in staff training, development, and leadership.
- Earning a diploma in Culinary Arts from the Pittsburgh Culinary Institute.
My skills as a sous chef have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
William. D. Adair