Singer Cover Letter
Singers require plenty of self-confidence, exceptional vocal talents, and the ability to thrive in front of an audience. Typically, formal training is mandatory for success in this role. Capabilities should include the ability to interpret and read music, write and collaborate on new material, memorize songs, capture audiences’ interest, and secure new gigs through marketing and promotional efforts. Strong interpersonal talents, advanced aural skills, and a flexible and resilient personality are all assets to possess as a singer.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Music theory and composition
- Music interpretation and analysis
- Vocal performance, training, and range
- Marketing and promotion
- Musician collaboration
- Audience interest and engagement
- New material and song composition
- Music recording and distribution
- Set list planning and modifying
Please find a sample cover letter for a singer below highlighting relevant abilities and experience.
Dear Mr. Shyrock:
As a dynamic, confident, and highly trained singing professional with eight years of experience interpreting, memorizing, and performing songs across a variety of genres and styles, I am confident that I can make a substantial impact on your establishment’s success as your newest singer.
My background includes formal training in musical composition analysis, music theory, and vocal performance and range. Equipped with a Bachelor of Arts in vocal performance from New York University, I have contributed to successful singing groups and performance-based establishments to engage audiences and maintain their interest and enthusiasm. Furthermore, I have recorded three albums to date as a lead singer, including both reproduced and original songs. With my additional strengths in communication and creativity, along with my keen focus on superior audience experiences, I am prepared to dynamically benefit The Living Room as your next singer/performer.
My qualifications include the following:
- Providing entertainment to customers as a singer for the past six years at The Crocodile Club in St. Louis; two years of prior excellent experience with The Lullaby Lounge in Nashville
- Collaborating to plan set lists, organizing schedules with managers, marketing special events and performances, securing new gigs, and writing new song material in conjunction with fellow musicians
- Earning first place in the Diamond Top Vocal Performance Awards in 2015
- Demonstrating first-rate aural skills and interpersonal abilities throughout my career accomplishments
With my dedication to vocal performance – combined with my proven commitment to advancing my performance capabilities, range, and techniques – I believe I would be an excellent addition to The Living Room. I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Rita G. Lock