Piano Teacher Cover Letter
Piano Teachers are dedicated instructors and talented pianists who earn a living by teaching either children, adults or both to learn how to play the piano or improve pre-existing piano skills. Key functions of Piano Teachers include consulting with students’ parents, teaching basic scales and exercises, teaching basic principles of music, teaching students how to read sheet music, teaching students how to play intermediate and advanced compositions and encouraging students on an emotional level.
Our collection of resumes for Piano Teachers usually include the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in music, music education or a related field
- At least five years of experience playing the piano
- Certification from a relevant organization
- Ability to read and write sheet music
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex information in a simple way
- Attention to detail
- High level of organization
- Knowledge of various genres of music and their applications to the piano, such as classical, jazz and more
The cover letter below exemplifies similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Piano Teacher Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Gutierrez,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Piano Teacher. With 15 years of piano experience, a bachelor’s degree in music education, certification from a nationally recognized organization and two years of experience teaching students independently, I am confident that I would make a valuable addition to the Pierce Piano School faculty.
My professional experience includes coaching dozens of students of all levels and ages, teaching skills that range from basic scales to classical overtures to modern jazz, successfully teaching students to read sheet music, communicating with younger students’ parents and organizing recitals. Over the course of my career thus far, I have learned that compassion, communication, and encouragement are just as essential to imparting musical knowledge as technical skill.
Below are a few highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Began studying the piano at the age of 8 at the New Music School
- Placed within the top 10 contestants four years in a row at the Hoffman Music Center’s Youth Piano Competition
- Earned a bachelor’s degree in music education from the Bienen School of Music at Northwestern University
- Became a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music through the Music Teachers National Association
- Taught young children, teenagers and adults alike how to play the piano in a fun and accessible way
- Planned individual students’ lessons to focus on proper technique and the formation of good habits
- Planned group lessons to utilize the strength and improve the weaknesses of each student involved
- Communicated with parents to design the best possible curriculum and practice routine for their child
- Organized recitals for 30+ student performers and 60+ attendees
I hope to have the opportunity to share my piano expertise and love of teaching with the students at Pierce Piano School.
I sincerely appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.
All the best,