DJ Cover Letter
DJs play music records at events or parties and also broadcast music on the radio. A DJ will play multiple music genres, from jazz and classic rock to rap and hip hop. Typical responsibilities of a DJ include creating playlists, mixing music tracks, interacting with the public, taking song requests, doing interviews, and taking part in promotional activities.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for DJ, the most sought-after skills in the field are the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of musical trends
- Being up to date with current events
- A clear speaking voice
- Presentation skills and self-confidence
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Sense of humor
- Attention to details
- Knowledge of relevant software
Those interested in a DJ career can check comparable skills and experience in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive DJ Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Green:
Upon learning of your search for a new DJ to join your team at KWPQ, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated professional with 11+ years of experience playing music over radio stations and on-site at various events in the Phoenix area, I am prepared to significantly contribute to KWPQ’s goals in this role.
My background includes creating playlists, mixing tracks, evaluating new albums, and providing superior music while interacting effectively with the public using my strong communication skills and my good sense of humor. With a reputation among my peers—and within the Phoenix area at large—for my keen musical ear and my innate ability to identify top new music talent, I excel at delivering an elevated listener experience to generate a loyal fan base.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Serving as a co-host of the morning music show on KEPW, 103.7, for the past 8 years; voted “Best Morning DJ” four years running in Phoenix Weekly.
- Promoting both high-profile touring shows and local new-music nights, lending my reputation and public profile to generate event visibility and listener excitement.
- Creating and maintaining high energy at the Heartline Night Club as a DJ and Emcee every Thursday night.
- Mixing and playing music at various public and private events throughout the region, including private parties, fundraisers, and corporate events.
- Performing various managerial responsibilities and operational tasks around KEPW.
My skills and talents as a DJ are well known, and I am confident that I will make a positive impact on KWPQ’s listenership. The chance to discuss this opportunity with you would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Mark D. Whelan