Conducted daily rounds to all departments, engaging in conversation and listening closely to understand the emotional, psychological and spiritual condition of each patient.
- Assessed spiritual needs regarding anxiety, fear of death, fear of poor health and a broad range of other issues and concerns. Provided appropriate intervention, documented each visit and made necessary referrals.
- Administered rituals, such as communion, baptism, marriage, funerals and burial of patients and staff.
- Provided emotional and psychological support to staff, patients and family members of all faiths and cultures.
- Provided consultation for Bioethics, Palliative Care and Organ Donor committees. Provided translation to assist the medical team with discussing critical issues about end of life, life support and the process of donating organs in accordance with faith and cultural norms.
- Collaborated with the interdisciplinary team to administer the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the whole person: body, mind, heart and spirit.