Building Maintenance Supervisor
Provided the overall coordination of the maintenance and construction department for building facilities at the distribution and manufacturing complex in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Developed and controlled an operating budget and capital budget. Managed and trained personnel in business, safety, and technical related subjects.
- Led and coached quality improvements (CQI) projects with $5,000.00 in energy and cost savings.
- Increased Preventive Maintenance work from 70% to 95% by coordinating equipment shutdown with Distribution and Manufacturing supervisors and by creating rotating work groups dedicated to Preventive work, Corrective work, and Project work.
- Achieved overtime reduction from 7% to 3% by implementing a seven day rotating work schedule and reviewing shop processes and repair-priority scheduling.
- Achieved reduction in time and labor for emergency-generator testing by improving schedule-coordination with Retail, Industrial construction, Dispatch, Garage, Distribution and Manufacturing supervisors.
- Designed and Facilitated "My Publix, My Part" training for the Maintenance department.
- Coordinated maintenance and construction work with Distribution and Processing supervisors to ensure food safety.