Product Development Purchasing Specialist (npi)
Lead purchasing and product development groups that ensure effective integration of various commodities into the vehicles. Providing oversight and mentoring for Platform Heads on all purchasing activities. Directing sourcing of production components worth $100M annually. Serve as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, production and purchasing teams; ensuring program components launch on time and are priced on-target.
- Managed complex negotiations and oversaw sourcing activities for successful launch of 2014 model year vehicles; 17%+ ($6M) under target for direct spend categories; 5%+ ($1M) under target on supplier capital spend categories.
- Leveraged coalition building expertise towards aligning operations for successful launch of 2015 model year vehicles on time and 6%+ ($1M) under target; 2016 model year project on time and projected as 7% ($1.2M) under target.
- Mobilizing global, cross functional teams on special cost recovery projects; $5M annual supplier tooling budgets.
- Developing financial, strategic and status reports for national and global management teams.
- Mitigating technical, commercial and economic issues affecting product development and production timing.