Responsible for supporting Production, Maintenance. Planning and Operation Excellence through the timely availability of goods and services. Oversee the effective, efficient and safety operation of the storeroom. Support and contribute to mill objectives and goals. Monitor min/max of storeroom items to ensure limited overmax. Working DART on a daily basis to ensuring the receipt of all purchase order and non-purchase order items. Initiate re-orders for auto requisitions by reviewing min/max using re-order report, usage history and work order usage.
- Maintained a cycle count accuracy of at least 96%.
- Relocated two satellite locations into one location.
- Conduct periodic review and analysis of the inventory of slowing moving and critical items.
- Initiate all material releases for repair items and review all items still outstanding over 30 days.
- Set overmax regulations on overmax inventory reductions by communicating daily with Material Coordinator on closed or finished work orders.
- Ability to work SAP MDM to set-up new vendor and or extend existing.
- Purchasing duties which consist of reviewing and generating purchase orders, overlooking purchasing/service agreements and certificates of insurance, seeking competitive bids for projects over $50,000 and creating/extending new vendors for site.
at this job
Corporate Procurement Buyer
Buyer for $3.7 billion manufacturing company specializing in air-conditioning and heating. Annual spend of $874 million across 123 suppliers. Commodities managed are smooth tube copper, plastics, resins, powder paint, braze rods and braze rings, copper widgets.
- Managed a total spend of $41 million among 12 suppliers
- Initiate ECN (Engineering Change Notifications) and participate in drawing reviews
- Monitor demand-flow for all suppliers, which include Days of Supply, Consigned warehouse arrangements, and safety stock to support production
- Participate in a team setting to identify and improve processes
- Determine supplier performance index scores involving DOS, DOT, relationship, integrity, and economics metrics. Conducted monthly reviews with top 40 suppliers (based on spend) and set goals for grade-achievement results
- Assist in supplier consolidation and year-over-year price reductions to achieve company goals of supplier reduction and cost-savings. Successfully resourced product and strategically placed suppliers in consignment to avoid long lead-times or product demand uncertainty
- Aid in invoice issues and expedites, when required
at this job
Managed over 3000 sku's, monitoring stock levels, setting re-order points, ordering parts as required.
- Created purchase orders for items needed to order and sent via EMAIL to respective suppliers
- Expedited all parts with suppliers as required, to ensure on time delivery, preventing stockouts and production downtime.
- Negotiated with suppliers pricing, delivery schedules, and payment terms
- Where applicable created blanket order purchases, and setting up consignment agreements
- Met with accounts payable department reguraly to review invoices to ensure vendors contractual agreements were correct
- Met regularly with engineering department to communicate parts design requirements with suppliers, ensuring highest quality were met @ lowest possible cost
- Sourced parts via the internet, tradeshows, supplier listings, trade journals etc for launching of new product lines
- Sourced for suppliers who could offer better products, and provide cost savings for the company
- Managed well within the parameters each year of company allocated budjet, resulting in cost savings of $100,000 per year while improving product quality
at this job
Project Procurement Buyer
Attended Open Up meetings for new projects, and weekly project meetings during duration of project for procurement efforts and updates to status of equipment being delivered and budget updates
- Prepared information for RFP's and RFQ's to be sent out during bid phase of project
- Purchased Equipment (curves, merges, fire/security doors, ATR Systems, etc.) necessary for project completion
- Contract Management, including the creation of the Project Subcontract Agreements, collection of Certificate of Insurance and P&P Bonds for all projects
- Handled all negotiations of subcontract agreements and the pricing for the work contained in project scope with subcontractor representatives
- Created Purchase Orders for equipment purchases and Subcontractor Contract amounts from Purchase Order Requisitions
- Responsible for the Processing of Subcontractor invoices/pay applications for project work and review of required associated documentation
- Managed project schedule to ensure equipment is delivered to jobsite by required dates to meet project milestones
- Supported two (2) Senior Buyers as needed
at this job
- Reviewed requisitions and created purchase orders in the Oracle PeopleSoft eProcurement system
- Conducted continuous eProcurement software training for more than 100 associates
- Communicated with vendors on a daily basis and organized meetings and special projects
- Assisted in drafting a new Procurement Policy
- Assisted in supply category sourcing, selection, analysis and contract development
- Created reports and pivot tables for vendor spend analysis
- Maintained contract database in access and created contract pipeline reports for Category Managers
- Promoted sustainable purchasing practices through participating in Sustainability Committee toward LEED certification
- Contributed written documents to Policy and Procedures Manual
- Performed general office aid duties that differed on a daily basis
at this job
Examine and analyze all purchase requisitions to inhibit best procurement practices. Ensure corporate policies and grants of authority or signatory powers are adhered to. Adhere to all FDA laws that are required in the pharmaceutical industry. Source and Process internal requisitions creating purchase orders using JD Edwards ERP system. Work with internal and external customer support for all purchase order activities.
- Assist requestors with online JD Edwards purchase order requisitions.
- Provide status updates of purchase requisitions to requestors and/or suppliers.
- Manage outstanding PO reports and that entails in resolving issues.
- Process receipt of Goods.
- Work with other Procurement personnel to create contract in Upside contract system; administer and follow through of contract from creation to final execution.
at this job
Utilized SAP to procure material for external customers.
- Engaged Product Line Management and Network Planning to determine best buying strategies in terms of efficiency and profitability.
- Key participant in Lean Events; facilitated in the creation of standardized work for the Purchasing Department.
- Selected to the Power User role responsible for teaching coworkers new procedures, programs, and initiatives.
at this job
Responsible for supporting Production, Maintenance. Planning and Operation Excellence through the timely availability of goods and services. Oversee the effective, efficient and safety operation of the storeroom. Support and contribute to mill objectives and goals. Monitor min/max of storeroom items to ensure limited overmax. Working vendor invoices on a daily basis to ensuring the receipt of payment on all purchase order and non-purchase order items.
- Relocated two satellite locations into one location, while maintaining a cycle count accuracy of at least 96%. Also reviewing all discrepancies to determine root cause.
- Check accrued liabilities with controllers daily to free up open funds from the bottom-line to use for upcoming projects or venture.
- Conduct periodic review and analysis of the inventory of slowing moving and critical items. With decision rights up to $60,000 quarterly to dispose of inventory that wasn't creating value economically or had been upgraded.
- Initiate all material releases for repair items and review all items still outstanding over 30 days. Remain constant contact with suppliers on quality of repaired good and process of elimination if goods economical value isn't worth company's commitment to retain in inventory.
- Set overmax regulations on overmax inventory reductions by communicating daily with Material Coordinator on closed or finished work orders and Plant leadership monthly to review possible recommendations.
- Ability to set-up new vendors in company's supplier system, if insurance requirements and Master Service Agreements (MSA) are within company's guideline and compliance.
- Purchasing duties which consist of bidding of contracts on projects and the issue of daily purchase orders. Negotiation of pricing and payment terms on items based previous spend year to date or economical change in materials.
at this job
- Buying electronic and mechanical parts, materials, equipment, tools and services working from approved purchase requisitions. Contacting vendors for product information and bids. Established new, alternative sources of supply by identifying and investigating companies with desired product lines or where vendors and preferred suppliers are inadequate. Contacted vendors and expediting delivery of all orders to assure adherence to committed items, quantities and delivery dates.
- Advised internal personnel regarding available products, order status and purchasing procedures.
- Coordinated with engineering, manufacturing and quality control in planning purchases of material and parts. Seeking minority, small and women owned suppliers.
- Negotiated contracts where loss occurring through error in judgment could involve a large dollar volume. Negotiated prices to ensure that purchases are the best price. Worked with Division personnel to evaluate bids and proposals from vendors.
at this job
Assigned to terminals, drumming and warehousing contracts in the USA
- Responsible for heavy SAP data input & analysis
- Responsible for writing contracts, amendments & claims
- Responsible for 10 contracts valued at over $15M USD
- Travel to supplier sites, review operations and conditions
- Ensure suppliers are financially stable
- Responsible for sourcing of qualified suppliers
at this job