Director responsible for managing two departments including Purchasing and Warehouse operations. Oversee a $150 million purchasing department, including an eight-person supply chain team of cross-functional abilities including tactical purchasing, strategic sourcing, and administrative roles. Manage the warehouse team, which consists of a 15,000 sq. ft. warehouse, a warehouse manager, and seven team members that oversee 3000 SKU's.
- Increased cost savings within first year from $1.2 million to $5.1 million by developing and implementing effective negotiation, second sourcing, and value engineering strategies
- Reorganized and rebuilt the purchasing department by hiring three new strategic sourcing leaders and two tactical purchasing buyers to achieve operational goals
- Established purchasing KPI's for both teams, achieving 90% of all KPI goals by 2012
- Trained team to manage and negotiate contracts, resulting in year over year cost reductions
- Encouraged cross-functional collaboration by establishing supplier management teams to review commodities strategies, open issues, and value engineering processes
- Served as a project manager on the purchase and nationwide implementation of an innovative software system that allowed for improved spending control and accountability
- Implemented 5S in the warehouse, to improve appearance and efficiencies