Journeyman Tool and Die Maker
Designed, developed, fabricated and assembled a variety of jigs, fixtures, gages and die components from simple to complex. Worked closely with design engineers prototyping new products. Supported manufacturing engineering by collaborating on design and fabrication of assembly tooling, participated in tooling evaluation and implemented process improvements as identified. Lead TASK Engineering custom machine design and build team. Assisted machine repair department by repairing worn or damaged parts or fabricating new machine parts. Member of a three man Rapid Response Team responsible for resolving production stoppages caused by machine down/line down issues, able to rapidly restore full productive capacity. Sustained departmental compliance with 5S principles.
- Received two Stanley Win Awards for Outstanding Performance.
- Prototyped and ran pilot production of Patented MX8 lock core.
- Designed and built key notch machine for MX8 keys.
- Designed and built powder coat scratch tester.
- Fabricated stamped escutcheon model.
- Prototyped vending machine lock.