Medical Supply Technician
Supports the Operating Room, Central Materiel Services and Anesthesia with request of medical supplies, provides feedback, and advises personnel in supplies availability.
- Works independently exercising initiative and sound judgment in special assignments, emergencies and unexpected situations.
- Manages and controls supplies stored in the core, suites, and bulk areas in addition to Omnicell inventory for all three departments.
- Maintains budget information and controls cost accounting by monitoring price changes, controlling stock and demand analysis.
- Conducts cyclic inventories of medical supplies, stocks and rotates supplies to obtain the maximum usage and control costs.
- Orders, turns in, and request supplies while maintaining a vigilant eye on the budget to avoid shortages during hard stops.
- Ensures that critical items for patient care are always available, and that stock age levels are optimal.
- Provides help to the ER NCOIC with property inventories, turn in, research, and identification of medical equipment and property.
- Prepares and submits CEEP request for new and replacement items needed to meet the standards of care of the hospital.
- Solved supply management issues that deviated from established procedures and recommended changes