Basic Emergency Medical Technician
Leadership - Promoted to a team leader position from entry level soldier. Led 4-5 teammates in accomplishing daily tasks and missions in a time efficient and proactive manner. Kept moral up and built motivation within teammates. Made sure welfare of teammates were met. Used any time not working by training and educating teammates in an effort to sustain and improve perishable skills.
- Medical Evacuation - Provided patient transport from injury sites to a higher echelon of care, safely and rapidly, through stressful and dangerous environments. Provided necessary life sustaining treatments to patients during transport.
- Clinical Work - Checked in patients and triaged according to injury and illness. Recorded patients' vitals as well as presented patients' chief complaints and symptoms to the team's head nurse. Performed various tests and treatments necessary during the initial screenings. Entered pertinent patient history and information in the appropriate database.
- ER Nurse Assistant - Worked alongside nurses for 3 months aiding in medical procedures for all ages. These procedures include set up of fluids intravenously, blood draws and gathering of needed lab work, suturing, completion of electrocardiograms, fitting temporary casts, debriding wounds, routinely recording vitals, assisting in catheters, administration of medicine and treatments as directed by the patient's assigned nurse, transportation of patients to other hospital departments as needed, and assistance of well woman's exams and pelvic checkups. Implemented rapid strep tests, range of motion tests, military acute concussion evaluations, and respiratory syncytial virus tests. Needle chest decompression and cricothyroidotomy trained.
- Inventoried Medical Supplies - Given responsibility to account for all associated supplies used in the medical clinic. Matched serial numbers to items and confirmed amount of each item to inventory sheets. Conducted supply layouts twice a month. Reported supply usage and item loss to the supervisor. Organized supplies in an easy to use and efficient manner.
- Physical Security Operations - Ensured safety of installation by following the standard operating procedures set out by the installation manager. Provided customer service at the access gates and represented the installation as a whole. Aided the military police force of the installation by enforcing state and federal laws to include driving under the influence, safety violations, proper identification and licensing, and proper vehicle insurance and registration. Halted the transportation and access of contraband items onto the installation by random vehicle inspections. Hand iron restraint trained, baton trained, hand to hand combat trained, and oleoresin capsicum spray trained.