Journeyman, Inside Wire-man / Instrument Technician
Installed, calibrated, loop, and function checked various control valves, vibration probes, flow, pressure, temperature and various level transmitters (displacers, K-Teks, guided wave radars) throughout operating units in the Wood River Refinery.
- Interpreted blueprints, schematics, drawings, schematics, drawings, P&IDs and layouts to complete various instruments and associated equipment installations.
- Tested, troubleshot and calibrated equipment in the shop and in the field.
- Measured and read DMM, meggers, HART communicator, fluke 725, micrometers and thickness gauges using electrical and mechanical testing instruments.
- Maintained, repaired and performed loop checks solenoid valves, control valves, gauges, regulators and various transmitters on fuel gas skids for furnaces at Wood River Refinery.
- Controlled and monitored electrical and electro-mechanical equipment using Distributed Control Systems.
- Performed and coordinated safe work with fellow technicians and other crafts.