Synsor is a mid-sized company that uses particleboard and MDF to produce custom display fixtures for retailers and educational institutions. Responsibilities: Manage two maintenance techs on two shifts and one custodial, also managed swing shift production with 25 employees, supervise and maintain building systems and machinery. Ensure proper and timely preventative maintenance of CNC machines, compressor, conveyor systems, packaging equipment, forklifts, small tools and building systems. Maintain parts inventory to ensure parts are on hand in the event of a machine failure. Process control maintenance, modification and upgrades. Maximize energy and production efficiencies savings by recommending new systems and/or procedures. Actively participated on Safety Committee. Asset planning, acquisition and implementation. CCTV installation and maintenance. CNC machine modification integrating a paperless factory computer system. Implemented CMMS system.
- Designed and implemented Preventative Maintenance Program using CMMS.
- Researched, recommended, installed lighting upgrade, approx $25,000 annual savings, 1.3yrs ROI.
- Compressed air system upgrade, approx $15,000 annual savings, .75yrs ROI.
- CNC Vacuum system VFD upgrade, approx $5,000 annual savings. 1yr ROI.
- Organized Maintenance shop and spares using Lean techniques and TPM.
- Tied work order initiation to operator terminals. New work orders sent text message to maintenance tech. Increasing response time and decreasing down time.
- Implemented training program to enhance techs' skill set.