Managed logistic for domestic and international customers and import and export activities with a team of 7 logistics employees. Oversaw all shipments and inventory control for over 37 warehouses in the USA and Mexico. Booked domestic and overseas shipments, cost control, documentation and invoicing. Monitored customer credit line and receivables, payment terms, Open Credit, D/P, Cash, Letter of Credit.
- Negotiated and maintained data base on trucks rates and ocean freight.
- Saved the company over $500K per year by researching new ocean/land carriers and effectively negotiating contracts.
- Achieved staff performance improvements and gains on deliver time of documents for customers and banks via process improvements and training on proper work procedures
at this job
Maintained 100% accountability of government equipment valued over $114 million dollars using an automated system
- Worked closely with equipment managers and suppliers to ensure effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans
- Identified and communicated new technologies and solutions on procurement procedures to higher headquarters
- Worked with the budget officer to ensure spend plans are incorporated into annual operation plans to purchase required equipment
- Reviewed and reconciled the monthly fuel expenditure report
- Trained and supervised eight supply personnel on supply procedures
at this job
Sales/marketing & Logistic Manager
Directed sales/marketing, business development & logistics of Venezuelan coal into Europe and the Americas. Implemented different strategies including developing of market niches and specialized uses.
- Increased sales by 95% with product diversification and penetration strategy.
- Developed specialized market in through particular blends that helped to boost sales and established the name of the Venezuelan coal worldwide.
- Coordinated all marketing and research analysis, evaluation of competition, etc.
- Responsible to issue commercial contracts wording/format, quotes and revision with customers.
- Established vessel freight logistic and contracts with ship owners that helped to coordinate a successful chain-supply.
- Coordinated all logistics related to transportation from Mines in Venezuela and partial shipments from Colombia (by trucks), to terminal, including development of Floating Transshipment Station project to load ongoing vessels, saving 5 Million US$ in operating costs.
at this job
Supply Sergeant/logistic Manager United States Army
Actively implemented policies and procedures while serving as the primary contact concerning Supply Chain Management System
- Evaluated and trained more than 6 subordinates at any given time on departmental logistical database to ensure accurate flow of products and high risk materials
- Aggressively managed high risk equipment and transportation vehicles for departmental account costing more than $64 million at any given time
- Formulated departmental budgeting proposal consisting of cost estimating and demand forecasting for Department management
- Properly handled confidential information concerning operating statements, and other financial information relating to the government vendors
- Managed department inventories to identify excesses, in-fluctuations, unusual activities, that result in redeployment and or disposal of materials to optimize inventory plan
- Examined monthly and quarter inventory list to ensure current departmental needs were met and maintained while exercising extensive negotiation skills with manufactures
at this job
Managed Supply Chain and Distribution functions of Mill, including 9 salaried employees and 53 hourly "Union" employees - Directed the Finishing/Shipping and Receiving Operations, Mill Scheduling, Transportation, Warehousing/Distribution, Inventory Control, and Packaging. Transitioned to a new Enterprise Resources Planning System and began implementation of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma tools for productivity improvements.
- Saved $1.2 million per year by shipping all intra-facility freight without pallets.
- Installed a new Packaging Line - associated with a $125 million Capital Expenditure to produce heat sensitive "Point of Sale" thermal paper products.
- Reduced Labor Resources 20% ($400,000/yr) by implementing a "flow to work" concept in the Packaging and Shipping Department.
- Saved $1.5 million per year by utilizing intermodal shipments for product shipping to the West Coast.
- Reduced headcount by 1 (20%) in Scheduling Department with implementation of new Enterprise Resource Planning System. Subject Matter Expert in Scheduling and Plant Shipping modules. Customers experienced zero impact during start-up.
at this job
Directly responsible for overall resource management responsibilities, final decision on matters for supply distribution 1.7 million assets worth over $2 billion, replenishment and operations. Assisted in the day to day management of logistics at Air Force Central Command, coordinating information from regulations & provide programs to personnel overseas daily. Oversaw $52M warehouse distribution CTR, received and shipped equipment to 10 geographical locations. Tracked and located equipment items, while using proper online tools and programs.
- Μonitor, forecasts and quotas to identify equipment shortages. Redistributed 9,000 equipment parts to three areas of responsibility sites and shipped assets which enabled 180% warehouse fill rate.
- Supervised 2 personnel on warehouse operations, inventoried 1.3 million equipment assets valued at $120 million assured 100% accuracy rate.
- Safety and security monitor on a daily basis, zero security and safety incidents.
- Maintain accountability and control of 531 weapons worth $227K, deployed downrange, enhance defense posture.
- Equipment custodian, inventory equipment assets using the custodian authorization custody receipt listing CA/CRL when required, request action using proper forms when necessary (601).
at this job
Operational Logistic Manager
- Ensured quality control of customer service with daily monitoring and customer feedback
- Trained and supervised 30 staff and civilian personnel
- Conducted inventories, issues, stock control, and storage of 400 line items worth 22 million
- Program manager and unit expeditor for critical requisitioning in support of 80 aircraft units
- Supported and oversaw various logistic technical research, procurement for 17 active units
- Conducted daily technical research and communication with various contractors and other DOD departments for material
at this job
Responsible for operation of 14 regional warehouses for company providing solar components and solar system to the residential, commercial, and government markets.
- Managed receiving, shipping, and warehousing of solar panels and components that are used in the installation of residential, commercial, and government customers in California, Oregon, Hawaii, Arizona, Colorado, and New Jersey.
- Manage the delivery of component parts from warehouse to warehouse using LTL and full truck load carriers.
- Managed Cycle Count and inventory programs using Oracle, achieving 99% net dollar inventory accuracy rate for all product categories for all 14 locations. Planned, organized and executed year end inventory for all 14 branches.
- Set performance standards and goals for all warehouse employees. Use continuous improvement to streamline warehouse processes.
- Instrumental in helping develop the warehouse safety programs and metrics at each branch.
Logistic Manager for THAAD Program
- Advised on the classification of property as well as streamline disposition procedures in order to meet timelines.
- Wrote, implemented, interpreted and assured compliance of the programs Property Control Plan.
- Assisted in establishing hand receipt files for each unit and maintains accountability by the use of the hand receipt listings.
- Assisted in ensuring all personal property was on hand and properly accounted for.
- Performed reviews of all departments within the program that have property assigned to assure compliance with all directives and procedures.
- Analyzed and evaluates design concepts to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements. THAAD property book and PBUSE holder.
at this job
Theater Logistic Manager
Provided customers and subcontractors with logistics technology and information that ensured effective and economical support for products, services, equipment and systems. Analyzed customer specifications, contractual commitments, and other information to identify/document maintenance support requirements. Reviewed engineering designs and analyzed equipment characteristics.
- Proposed a plan to organize a property team comprised of ten personnel.
- Strategically located and established a property teams in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Accounted for all PM ITS managed equipment aerostats, RAID, and Mobile Eagle systems.
- Managed theater property for a contracting officer representative worth over $104 million.
- Developed standard operating procedure to ensure accurate and controlled property accountability.
- Fielded 104 RAID SGS towers for the entire Iraqi theater valued in excess of $230 million.
- Interfaced and provided weekly reports and briefs to senior Army leadership, DoD civilians, and military personnel on the employment, capability, and property management of all systems managed by PM ITS, RDISS, and Raytheon RAID towers and aerostats.
at this job