Director of Logistics
Oversaw all logistics for 108 plants in the U.S. and Canada, transporting printed products for customers such as Wal-Mart, Kohl's, L.L. Bean, Fortune, Time, Money, and Cosmopolitan. Directed staff of 60, including 4 Department Managers, a Plant Relationship Supervisor, and Logistics Coordinators in 4 departments: Intermodal, Brokerage Operations, and Contracts. Managed $190M logistics budget for freight spend, salaries, and expenses.
- Cut approximately $3M in contract dedicated guarantees and other waste; eliminated 4 contracts and re-negotiated 1; reduced contract dedicated fleet from 165 to 75.
- Championed several Six Sigma projects with run rate savings of $1.4 million in 2007 and 2008.
- Introduced Static Carrier program that grew to handle 30% of all TL shipments, resulting in 5% savings in transportation spend in 2007 over 2006.
- Reorganized department and better aligned people with their skills. Promoted 4 staff to Supervisor roles during the latter half of 2006 creating continuity within the group.
- Developed strategy that resulted in the successful pay out of $20m in pre petition payments to carrier partners during first 90 days of Chapter 11 filing in 2008. This success was documented by leadership as being a key to our ability to successfully service our customers and carrier partners.