Staff R&d Engineer/process Group Leader
Develop and design biosensors and manufacturing processes from concept and proof of principles to specifications and implementation. Coordinate with internal or external engineering teams on new process and equipment design, scale-up, capability improvement and validation. Lead teams in solving key technical issues using structured problem solving techniques. Supervise prototyping processes that include reagent formulation, deposition, coating, drying, laser processing, lamination, sensor blistering and assembly. Inspire and develop direct reports on career advancement.
- Led a multinational team and solved two critical issues, thus preventing project delay and awarded "Special Recognition Award for Overcoming Complexity".
- Led a cross functional engineering team in the design and implementation of a precision temperature control system. Earned a "Special Recognition Award for Delivering Results".
- Organized reagent development and process optimization trials on two multi-million dollar lines that were built from concept and equipped with various laser stations and advanced vision and motion control systems. Modified a laser cutting process to dramatically reduce smoke contamination.
- Selected sensor materials of adhesives and polymer films through vigorous testing on reagent compatibility and stability.
- Led a sensor excision from foil blister study resulting in a greatly reduced excision failure rate.
- Collaborated with other R&D sites in areas of continuous glucose monitoring and hemoglobin A1C and created several intellectual properties.