Engineering Project Manager
Planned and coordinated development and release of the sixth generation of Hertz in car connected navigation device (NeverLost) from prototype to full scale production that included overseeing the design and manufacturing of the hardware/mechanicals, embedded Linux software (firmware, kernel, root file system, drivers), NeverLost navigation application, connected dynamic server services (weather, flights, online trip planning, wireless updates, etc.).
- Managed day-to-day aspects of Agile team, which included leading Agile meetings (Planning, Review, Retrospectives, Backlog grooming, User story generation and Daily Stand Ups).
- Managed features, requirements, schedules, budgets, metrics, bug tracking, and priorities.
- Coordinated and set direction for multiple departments and teams that were internal, co-located, outsourced, and global.
- Identified and mitigated risks and key tradeoff decisions for programs. Program activities by preparing meeting agendas, conducting effective to the point meetings, writing meeting minutes, tracking actions items, preparing presentation, conducting reviews and issue escalations.
- Provided communications and reporting regarding status of program progress and issues to C-level executives down to engineers.
- Analyzed technical problems and assisted in not only providing recommendations but also involved in providing the solutions.