More Contract Engineer Resumes
Use these Contract Engineer samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
Contract Engineer SkillsBeing a contract engineer requires a litany of skills - ones that will help with paperwork, with management, with people as well as with the projects being developed. That is why the skillset for a contract engineer must be vast and diverse, to be hired by any client. Basic social and technical skills are needed, however some of the competences that are specific to contract engineers are as follows:
- Contract management - the ability to draft, alter and draw up numerous contracts for clients.
- Project management - having detailed knowledge within the engineering and contracting business is a must, as it helps in identifying problems, and contributing to solutions related to the project.
- Contractor billing and rate analysis - contract engineers are in charge of calculating the project costs, investments, commercial bids as well as contractor payment and rates.
- Tender preparation - preparing various offers for clients before contractual agreements are set.
- Expert mathematical skills - many of the duties for a contract engineer is calculating projected project costs, commercial bids, tenders as well as salaries.
Contract Engineer Education RequirementsMany job postings for Contract Engineers detail a desire for an employee who has a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, however they also include that a higher degree would be advantageous. Moreover, there are numerous other requirements that are needed for a contract engineer to be hired, and below are the main ones.
- An engineering degree is required, whether it's a Bachelor's a Master's or an Associate's degree, experienced knowledge in engineering is a must.
- Experience/knowledge with contract preparation, negotiation, tendering and award procedures.
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge, so classes in mechanical engineering and database engineering can also help widen the search pool
Contract Engineer SalaryThe salary for a Contract Engineer ranges between $71,000 to $120,000, with a median salary of $94,600, according to online sources. Of course, a senior contract engineer earns almost double that at certain companies, and so as it is for most jobs, the longer you work, the more you earn.
Additional Compliance Specialist Resources
The following links are blogs, LinkedIn groups, articles and websites all with the aim of helping teach about and discuss the various jobs, duties, responsibilities for contract engineers:
FIDIC Contract Articles - A page containing dozens of articles pertaining to contract engineers and their work within the FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers)
Contract Engineer LinkedIn Group -This is a group on LinkedIn for Engineers and Contract Engineers alike. Generally, for research and job search for all contract building services professionals and CAD (Contract Appreciation Document) professionals.
Contract Engineer Duties - A very useful article where a contract engineer answered a question by posting, in great detail, all of his responsibilities and duties as a contract engineer.
The Lien Zone Podcast - A helpful podcast about the inner-workings of a construction project, especially from a legal and contractual point of view.
Tips on starting a contract engineering job - This is an article that provides a step-by-step analysis of what a contract engineer should do before and after starting on a new job. Contract Engineering blog - A highly practical and readily used website/blog for all those who are working or wish to work as a contract engineer. Contract Engineering article - A long resource for contract engineers, discussing their usefulness from the point of view of an engineer.
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume