Middle School Principal
Responsible for the safe and effective management of the middle school grades 6,7, 8 including scheduling, budgeting, curriculum development, discipline, implementation of district initiatives, compliance with all state and federal mandates and regulations, and the evaluation of all professional employees.
- Created a new master schedule which for the first time incorporated eighth grade students into the middle school.
- Represented the middle school with strategic planning initiatives serving on the district school improvement team.
- Created school improvement plan relative to the middle school not making Adequate Yearly progress (AYP)
- Created planning team and began the process of converting the school from a junior high school, to a teamed middle school.
- Wrote, administered and monitored implementation of grants from the Consortium for Public Education.
- Supervised and staffed after school alternative education program.
- Acted as secondary level discipline review board (DRB) due process hearing officer.
- Wrote and revised the middle school academic and faculty handbooks.
- Chaired textbook and curriculum committees in mathematics, language arts and science.