Responsibilities consist of working one on one with students diagnosed with cross categorical disabilities including autism, reactive attachment disorder, various learning disabilities, assorted behavioral disorders and physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy and congenital anomalies. Duties include:
- Creating lesson adaptations for students in a mainstream classroom. These plans encourage each individual student to learn at their pace and level yet allows them to interact with other students and experience a classroom atmosphere.
- Generating and executing positive behavior plans with emphasis on safety and an affirming and rewarding learning experience for students.
- Substitute teacher for full classrooms
- Trained in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Trained in Individual Educational Program (IEP) process.
- Participating in Professional Development and relevant professional training.