Head of School
Selected to be part of team to turn around this then-failing school, working with the Board and administrative team. Provided leadership to faculty, students, parents and staff to create a culture of excellence; address issues of policy, procedure, compliance and efficiency. Built a community of engaged, diverse learners and increasing collaborative work towards academic success.
- Raised ELA and Math scores on MCAS to achieve Level 1 for three years; Implemented PARCC on line testing; maintained Level 1. School Moved from 21st percentile (2011) to 66th in state ranking (2015)
- ELL and High needs subgroups out-performed the state.
- Led school’s charter renewal efforts achieving 2015 Charter Renewal with no conditions, cited for exceeding expectations in School Leadership, Social, Emotional and Health needs; Assessment and Program Evaluation.
- Managed enrollment transitions now serving 800 students with 300+ on waiting list; restored grades 7 and 8
- Worked with Achievement Specialist and IT Director to build resources and integrate technology into classrooms
- Reinvigorated fundraising efforts and built community and city partnerships.