Educator/dean of Students/facilitator
Researched, trained, coordinated, and developed a program to problem solve with students and parents from diverse populations in an alternative environment to provide social, behavioral and academic tools, resources and services needed for success in the traditional classroom.
- Implemented quality curriculum in all content areas to engage students utilizing best practices in teaching and learning, professional learning teams, and analyzed data for curriculum planning purposes utilizing state curriculum.
- Reduced student discipline rate by 9% by implementing a student discipline program
- Increased student reading at grade level by 20% by implementing the Accelerated Reader Program
- Facilitated teaching and learning with 3-5 grade teachers to develop quality curriculum
- Conducted teacher observations for end of year teacher evaluations
- Enhanced parental involvement by 10% through the "Parents as Partners in Education" program
- Volunteered at Domestic Violence Prevention Center & Battered Women's Shelter to better assist and support students/families