Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Determine and collect fares based on trip distances and times, using taximeters and fee schedules, and announce fares to passengers.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations, at taxi stands, or by cruising streets in high traffic areas.
- Record name, date, and taxi identification information on trip sheets, along with trip information such as time and place of pickup and drop-off, and total fee.
- Turn the taximeter on when passengers enter the cab, and turn it off when they reach the final destination.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Vacuum and clean interiors, and wash and polish exteriors of automobiles.