Senior UNIX Systems Administrator / SAN Administrator
Primary Technical Contact for AIX Operating Systems and Hardware. Working with AIX 6.1 and AIX 7.1 on P7 and P6 Series enterprise level hardware. Primary focus on configuration of VIO, SEA, NIM, LPAR Virtualization, PowerHA 6.1 (HACMP), LVM, HDLM, NMON, patching using IBM Technology level updates via NIM, HMC configurations, hardware firmware upgrades, HMC firmware upgrades, and Operating System performance monitoring and tuning.
- Extensive knowledge with Solaris 10 operating systems, virtualization using containers / zones, ZFS filesystems, solaris patching, NTP, DNS, SNMP configurations.
- Experienced with RHEL 5 administration, patching using redhat satellite server, XEN virtualization and VMWare ESXi.
- Experienced in automating tasks via Korn and Bash Shell scripts.
- SAN Administration for Hitachi USPV, USPVM, NSC55, AMS2500 storage systems. Brocade DCX fiber switches provisioning and configuration. Set up Hitachi Universal Replicator architecture for remote site to site replication as well as Hitachi Shadow Image internal SAN replication. Use Hitachi Device Manager, Tuning Manager, CCI, Global Link Manager, Storage Navigator, Tiered Storage Manager, and experienced with Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning.
- CA ControlMinder technical contact for an environment with over 250 server clients. Set up Scripting to automate CA Access Control tasks such as user creation, password synchronization, and Access Control configurations.
- Experienced with Veritas Netbackup, HP Omniback, and EMC VTL backup systems.
- Gained valuable experience with Disaster recovery procedures and execution including replication and backup strategies.
- Experience with DNS, NTP, NFS, SNMP, Tomcat, WebSphere, CA Identity Manager, CA Siteminder, LDAP, Xythos, MQ, Falcon 6, Apache, Iplanet, Oracle, and DB2 databases.