Senior Unix/linux System Engineer/team Lead
I worked as an engineer and team lead in AMC's Hosting and Systems Group: Unix Team. We are responsible for all of AMC's UNIX and Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. My primary focus is server provisioning and support for our Oracle environment. We have a broad area of responsibility focused on security, high availability and data center installations and troubleshooting. Hands on experience in administration and maintenance of application services like DNS, Mail, HTTP, Apache Tomcat, Squid, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, IMAP, NIS and NFS.
- Maintenance and provisioning of IBM/HP hardware, OS's and software.
- Maintain and provisioning of VMWARE ESX server 3.5, 4.1
- Write and maintain shell scripts for HP Unix and Red Hat Linux
- Troubleshooting of Linux and Unix Operating Systems
- Systems support, maintenance an package management of 75 servers and 4 SANS
- Answering of technical and architectural question relating the UNIX environment
- SAN provisioning and multipathing configurations
- Oracle RAC, ASM and GRID installation and support. 12i, 11i and 11G, 10
- Primary backup admin with skills in SNAP, EC2, HP EML, RMAN
- Datacenter operations and planning