Construction Project Engineer
Recruited to oversee Job Superintendents and Foremen for Walgreen's Construction Projects in the western, southern and southeastern states of U.S. Project types included new stores, remodels, rehabs and Walgreen's Health Service facilities. Drafted all contracts, prepared estimates, budgets, requisitions and schedules. Negotiated change orders, controlled costs and ensured quality control.
- Administered contract provisions and maintained compliance with Walgreen's Safety Program.
- Monitored developer's schedule adherence; resolved trade union issues.
- Liaised with developers, contractors and architects; interfaced with Walgreen's real estate managers and designers. Prepared project status reports for Walgreen's project manager and executives.
- Member of Diversity Program, representing the construction department. Responsibilities include: review and approve candidates' applications, communicate the status of the applications to the regional managers, supplier diversity department and to the candidates. Administer the lease and contract language to reflect the Walgreens mission for diversity.
- Overseen cooler door retrofit rollout program on 186 stores that resulted in 7% energy savings and 2% sales increase per store.