Z/os Systems Programmer/storage Administrator
Provide z/OS 2.1 Systems Programmer and Storage Administrator services to SCANA Services, Inc. Configure and manage the enterprise storage environment for multiple datacenters with more than 1.5 PB of data using EMC Storage and Cisco/Brocade management tools. Install and maintain a variety of IBM and ISV software in a z/OS SYSPLEX environment. Diagnose system and performance problems; implement configuration changes and vendor supplied software maintenance; work on project related tasks.
- Monitor and manage EMC DLm/VMAX/DD storage environment.
- Maintain alignment of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Support storage software; EMC SRDF data replication, Mainframe Enabler (MFE) and DLm Utilities; IBM DFSMS suite of product components (i.e. hsm, dfp, dss, rmm).
- Maintain and conduct full strategic design and implementation of Enterprise Storage & Disaster Recovery processes involving SRDF (various replication scenarios via R1, R2, BCV), Timefinder Snap; EMC Symmetrix Vmax, DMX, DLm/DD.
- Implement remote replication between datacenters using EMC Enabler and Timefinder Snap.
- Maintain currency of IBM and ISV software; apply PTFs, maintenance and new releases as required under existing maintenance agreements.
- Decommission and retire z/OS products, services and hardware in support of business decisions.
- Develop performance and utilization metrics reports that contribute to reliability, scalability, availability and capacity management.
- Collaborate with team members, business partners and vendors to determine system degradations and resolve internal/external issues with critical system applications.
- Utilize SMP/E and CA Chorus Software Manager (CSM) for maintenance installs.