PHP Programmer / Teacher
[company name] is a company that teaches kids, ages 7-16, after school and summer classes in video game production (using game building software like Scratch, Microsoft Kodu, and others), stop-motion animation (using Frames5), and robotics (using Lego Mindstorm and Arduino).
- Designed and developed a website, using PHP/MySQL, for keeping track of classes that also helped assign teachers to those classes. The website also allowed teachers to log in and accept or decline classes, see what classes they were teaching, and automatically generated time sheet entries when they check-in at a school.
- Initialized MySQL database with data from MS Access database.
- Created pages that used bar code scanners to track equipment.
- Designed, programmed, and wrote course material for Arduino robotics class.
- Taught various computer and robotics classes to elementary and middle school students.