Accounts Payable Specialist
Handled all Accounts Payable functions including accurately processing high volume invoices, expense reports, credit memos, weekly check runs, electronic payments and related reports in adherence to corporate, accounting, and GAAP standards.
- Processed inter-company funding involving foreign currencies and sales tax payments via electronic transfers.
- Audited and reviewed employee travel expense reports against company policy and processed payments via Concur Solutions or check request. Also completed the related journal entries.
- Monitored Accounts Payable aging, invoice on hold reports, purchase order allocations, fixed assets, items to be capitalized, and account balances.
- Monitored legal charges, allocations and payments, and resolved discrepancies as appropriate.
- Held accountable for the prompt quarterly payment of Board of Directors' fees; the company's lease agreements, applications, monthly rental payments, monthly fund transfers for international subsidiaries, and contract labor.
- Conducted weekly, monthly, and quarterly period close along with general ledger postings, generated period end reports and accruals, and processed journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Handled accounts payable inquiries from employees and vendors, and reviewed files and records for compliance with company policies and government regulations.