Mutual Fund Accountant
Performed financial reporting duties for a multitude of mutual funds that invested primarily in micro-cap to mid-cap sized companies. Drafted and reviewed Schedules of Investments, Statements of Assets & Liabilities, Statements of Changes in Net Assets, Statements of Operations, and Financial Highlights for the Semiannual and Annual Reports. Participated in annual audit of the mutual funds by providing auditors with appropriate work papers as well as providing backup for fund expense payments. Reviewed reports prepared by custodial bank for accuracy during reporting periods. Prepared SEC Form N-Q, during the first and third quarters of each year. Processed invoices on a daily basis, including reviewing for accuracy, generating check/wire request memos, and receiving authorization for payment.
- Responsible for financial reporting, budgeting, and expense payments for 17 mutual funds
- Reviewed marketing material in order to reconcile with Semiannual and Annual Reports
- Utilized a Bloomberg terminal to research company information and dividend projections
- Conducted monthly accrual analysis of mutual fund expenses
- Allocated and processed mutual fund bill payments
- Completed various Excel projects, including quarterly reports to the Board of Directors, monthly management fee calculations, and preparation and analysis of fund expense ratios