Patriot Missile Manufacturing Manager
Selected to manage transformation of highly technical 30 person manufacturing operation with multiple build levels and blended supply chain on critical path producing ~30 Patriot Missiles per month valued at >$3M each. Successfully led first NPI in 12 years.
- Awarded [company name] Excellence in Operations and Quality Award (one of [company name]'s highest awards)
- >40% OTD improvement by reducing backlog 95% in 8 months utilizing lean and six sigma to improve process and WIP velocity
- Increased throughput 41% without increasing floor space or manpower through application of Lean, 6σ and employee engagement
- Achieved Zero safety incidents in 13 months through improved employee engagement and proactive engineered solutions
- Improved profitability >50% YoY through cost reductions driven by improved labor efficiencies and reduced COPQ
- Selected as 1 of 82 participants across 15,000 person business for IDS President's Culture Initiative driving organizational change
at this job
Directed manufacturing operations, maintenance staff and prototype shop. Managed 3 shift operation of 150+ full time hourly production staff. Direct reports included Production Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, Sample Makers and Production Support Administrators. Developed annual capital and staffing plans and engaged in Quality, Behavior-Based Safety and employee engagement programs. Established processes, improving On-Time Delivery performance from 67% to 97% and achieving $5M monthly shipping goal.
- Developed capacity plan, increasing Direct Labor Efficiency from 66% to 75%.
- Implemented capacity planning process and training plans, supporting financial goals during growth of annual sales from $24 Million to $45 Million.
- Coordinated continuous improvement projects plan by utilizing ORBIS LEAN manufacturing methodology, exceeding Plant Continuous Improvement of $1.2M for 2014.
- Implemented Computer Managed Maintenance Software, contributing Orbis Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Trained ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Internal Auditor, supporting annual continuation of certification and recertification audits for plant’s ISO certifications.
at this job
Manufacturing Manager III
Senior Professional responsible for the Management and Manufacturing Engineering of Medical Devices.
- Led Manufacturing efforts to achieve OSHA VPP Star certification for EHS Excellence.
- Created a Lean Culture by incorporating Visual Management Systems which resulted in a $974K cost savings.
- Streamlined Production Planning which reduced $1.5M in WIP and Inventory improvement of 1.7 (7.3) turns.
- Increased Ship Complete on Time 88% (75%) while absorbing a 34% increase in volume and reducing headcount 30%.
- Developed the strategic framework for Manufacturing and led the team in delivering on productivity savings and complexity reduction in excess of 7% annually over 3 years.
- Selected to participate in the Lean Leadership Development Program (12 participants globally) based on strong performance, passion for excellence and drive to continually learn as an operational leader.
at this job
Responsible for multiple departments throughout facility. Managed plant supervision and provided direction and guidance to ensure performance and quality goals were met.
- Improved productivity by implementing visual management system for tracking performance against goals and highlighting problem areas for improvement.
- Focused on safety improvements by training upper management and associates in DuPont S.T.O.P. program and completed monthly audits for improvement and monitoring of results.
- Implemented lean activities in trailer beam department resulting in 20% improvement in department efficiency.
- Directed 5S activities in axle shaft department reducing changeover times and improving production scheduling resulting in increased productivity.
- Led and coached problem solving activities using the 8 step Toyota TSSC technique.
at this job
Managed the operations of a 25 million dollar capital equipment manufacturing facility specializing in belt and vacuum furnaces
- Responsible for managing all daily operations including, production scheduling, supply chain management, facilities, field service, fabrication, finishing, and electrical departments.
- Implemented a safety program that celebrated 3 years without a lost time accident March 2015
- Coordinated staff training needs and ensured compliance with PADEP.
- Established an employee capability matrix, and provided cross functional training.
- P&L responsibility for Sinterite and CI Hayes divisions of Gasbarre Products. Identified key metrics to drive continuous improvement. Improved on time delivery from 56% in October 2012 to 91% January 2015.
- Provided monthly reports to the Board of Directors for Sinterite and CI Hayes.
at this job
Restructured 4 departments and 3 product lines into one department implementing repetitive manufacturing processes, CPI teams, and developing critical measurement systems.
- Led cross functional teams to develop process improvement plans including redesigning the DOA/SRA repair process through operations, production new hire orientation, and level 1, 2 and, 3 documentation for ISO 9002 certification.
- Initiated production NPI team; reduced NPI time by 30% and improved pilot production run into shipment quality level within 2 months.
- Managed 3 supervisors and 100+ direct employees in two-shift production operation.
- Managed Final Test SPC introduction, improving process productivity and increasing yield 5%.
- Managed 125+ employees and 5 supervisors.
at this job
Manufacturing manager for multiple work centers consisting of 210 represented and support personnel. Provide direct management of cost, quality, and schedule for manufacturing and assembly work cells consisting of 20+ production machines and a combined 21 bargaining unit employees. Manage a matrix organization with cross product support from supply chain, finance, engineering, and quality. Perform managerial functions such as daily production planning, labor reporting, root cause analysis, and budget control to meet organizational goals and objectives. Responsible for team building, training, motivating, and instructing work cells.
- Selected to supervise a new manufacturing cell including over $3,000,000+ worth of new critical machining equipment.
- Drove the production execution for the initial UAE Patriot Radar Antenna and successfully delivered all items in support of the first nine UAE Patriot Radar Antennas well ahead of schedule.
- Successfully passed the 2011 AS-9001 Quality Audit with zero audit findings or observations.
- Emphasized safety on a daily basis resulting in zero OSHA recordable injuries in 2011 and 2012.
- Successfully supervised and supported operations resulting in the department receiving the highest score of 22 manufacturing departments within the facility during the Raytheon Corporate Lean Manufacturing audit in 2011.
- Developed a process to streamline the release and ordering process for a single product line in order to reduce and prevent inventory on the floor, reduce floor space, and increase ordering, and output predictability.
at this job
Senior Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for managing all operations and deliveries of a $110M multi-site manufacturing operation that produces engineered components and connector systems. Directly supervising a team of managers, covering sourcing and procurement, manufacturing engineering, planning and scheduling, manufacturing and assembly functions.
- Streamlined operations and broadened infrastructure to support and facilitate the growth from an annual $32M to $110M.
- Lead the "cultural change" of the organization by implementing Lean Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
- Set-up new expansion of the San Antonio facility and shop floor design for cellular manufacturing of electrical connectors.
- Managed and instituted thorough safety procedures resulting in a 30% improvement in safety performance.
- Implemented a monthly Balanced Scorecard Review presentation through the development of metrics for tracking all products on-time-delivery status, inventory levels, absorption and utilization rates, HSE, and other key performance measures.
- Established and employed LSS methods (Lean Manufacturing, & Six Sigma) to measure and maintain productivity and quality improvement processes resulting in a $1.5 million annual savings.
at this job
Responsible for selection, hiring and development of Manufacturing Supervisors. Recommend improvements in equipment and processes. Coordinated, managed and evaluated the installation of new equipment or processes in area of responsibility. Coordinated longer term planning for major maintenance projects. Assured compliance with quality and process specifications. Continuously reviewed ongoing performance within area of responsibility and took action to assure achievement of organizational goals.
- Planned and executed Plant equipment rearrangement for streamlined process flow.
- Improved safety record to less than 3.8 incidents/100 associated
- Decreased scrap by 1.5%
- Lead initiative for Manufacturing ERP system Integration.
at this job
Prepared production plans and utilized composite reports to track and adjust productivity in order to exceed weekly, monthly, and yearly plans.
- Provided quality and timely service to customers through the recruitment, training, and supervision of management team and 60+ employees.
- Planned and conducted on-going training for employees in customer service skills, technical skills, and safety policies and procedures to ensure that a safe workplace was provided.
- Negotiated and implemented vendor managed inventory for shop tools, supplies and consumables.
- Supported new product introduction (NPI), participated in design review, created flow diagrams and work orders, procured equipment to set up new work cells.
- Led manufacturing team in launching 5s principles and activities resulting in increased visual management and increased efficiency.
at this job