IT Leader & Senior Enterprise Architect
Created the first successful enterprise architecture function at [company name]. Hired and led a team of 8-13 industry thought leaders.
- Introduced an enterprise architecture methodology for defining current and future business strategy, operational capabilities, systems, and technologies. This resulted in significant alignment between business and IT on future systems strategies.
- Established a governance process and architecture review board to evaluate alignment of all projects with architectural direction and standards.
- Instrumental in the creation of an innovative training program and curriculum to re-train
- Introduced and implemented a comprehensive Java-based, enterprise-wide development environment into what was previously a Microsoft-only shop.
at this job
Enterprise Architect Security
- Healthcare Senior Architect for EMR/EHR: Currently directed, designed, implemented and maintained numerous infrastructure projects for major outpatient clinics, doctor practices and hospitals nationwide. Directed all middleware interface technology supporting EMR initiative. Architected the business processes and installation routines to automate to automate future middleware implementations. Constructed the health monitoring automation systems, including risk/failure notifications
- Government Sector: Directed project teams responsible for the support of over 15,000 users in three business areas. 1-Pilots 2- Kiosks 3-Integration. Successfully upgraded (48) different business units desktops, laptops, Toughbook's, tablets, Operation System & Core Software Standards. Maintained above 98% Service Level Agreement (SLA), ensuring we provided proactive approaches to incident management and root cause analysis in a cross functional environment Recognized as a pioneer resulting in innovative technology solutions that enhanced and automated procedures. Team lead for Enterprise Architect Committee, Infrastructure Security and Customized Application Portfolios
- Budget Expertise: Always maintained sensitivity to budget restraints, ensuring solutions were within scope and best low cost high economy- of -scale financial allocations. Built numerous vendor management relationships, resulting in competitive lower cost hardware, software and licensing. Designed and managed more than 50 projects with budgets ranging from 25,000 to more than 1.5 million. Saved companies over $300,000 in cost for upgrades and data consolidations.
- Project Management: Acted as PM on over 30 different projects. Defined the phase deliverables tracked milestones and incurred expenses versus planned expenses. Set up kickoff/status meetings, project plans, resource allocation, task, reports, change management and budget forecast. Recommended contingency plans, quality assurance and follow up with key clients throughout the issue resolution process. Worked directly with C - Level executive management team on status reviews and communication.
- Infrastructure: Designed challenging and comprehensive technology solutions in a multi-tiered platform and matrix environment. Vast understanding of foundation technologies including workflow, conceptual and logical definition, key architecture domains (portal, app, data, integration/middleware, security). Wrote and implemented SOA design, Integration/Data/Storage Consolidation, Roadmaps and Business case for clients ranging in size of 20 users to 15,000.
- Client Presentation: Technically savvy with an easy to understand approach to various audiences. Socialized solutions that capitalized on the before and after state based on trends, hardware and network indicators and backup disaster recovery plans. Presented innovative streamlines to business challenged that incorporated new standards, guidelines and compliance processes.
- Data Gathering/Analysis: Utilized various methods of data modeling tools for business requirements, key performance indicators, network and server monitoring reports, OS/Software packages & upgrades. Performed various testing methods based upon data analysis prior to putting enterprise solutions in production.
- Risk Management: Senior leader in incident, help desk and root cause analysis. Performed threshold measures and controls for software and hardware which included backup plans and governance change management.
at this job
Jenna played the Chief Information Architect role in establishing and maturing enterprise information architecture; has realized business benefits for hundreds millions of dollars, won employee award twice in less than two years.
- Established enterprise information architecture by establishing a virtual team of over 10 people, building and driving the enterprise information/data model future state to enable the new [company name] business model; Operationalize the model through the formal architecture review process; Created training material to train the EA organization and also business change agents; Formed strong alliance with business transformation office and build the momentum in both Business and IT for adoption.
- Core team member for building the [company name] 2020 IT Blueprint - Shaped [company name] information vision and strategy through influence and partnership with business. As a result, two key information initiatives (Master Data Management and Business Intelligence) gained widely support and were recognized as business foundation for strategic transformation.
- Lead architect for Product MDM envisioning project - Introduced item based flexible product model, which directly benefits all [company name]’s 60 billion product lines and supports the new [company name] business model; transformed and aligned team to the future state.
- Lead architect for Enterprise Data Governance - Defined the enterprise data governance maturity model and capability model for [company name]; Led the business assessment on data governance across domains; Coached business leads and IT leads on enterprise data governance; Developed the Enterprise Data Governance program architecture document to show the vision and the enterprise roadmap for building the enterprise data governance capability; guided the delivery team through series of successful implementation of data quality platform, using off shore development team.
- Owning the reference material of Enterprise Information Architecture section in the Architecture Strategy Document and Program Architecture Document; Built Information Architecture into the formal Enterprise Architecture process; Collaborated with security team to build the control and visibility of data classification and data security in the architecture review process.
- Built and owning Enterprise Information Management capability framework, including enterprise information architecture guiding principles. Served as a reviewer of all the architecture strategy documents in Enterprise Information Management space; Stepped in a team with dramatically different views and helped to build a united enterprise integration strategy in a month; A core team member to build the Enterprise BI vision and strategies; Stopped the multi-year confusion and churns on Solution ID by providing end to end Solution views and aligned both business and IT on the consistent Solution definition in two months, greatly facilitate [company name]'s transformation to an end to end solution provider
- Providing guidance on data architecture across the enterprise, including master data management, solution enablement, converged order management, sales account management, revenue recognition, enterprise business intelligence, etc.
- Leading the TOGAF study group to grow the enterprise architecture capability at [company name]
- Core IT mentoring program team member to shape the IT mentoring program
at this job
Helped [company name] implement SOA architecture and Single Sign On Security using Datapower Appliances and laid out enterprise architectural patterns across its infrastructure for various applications.
- Helped [company name] to allocate/install Datapower devices at different layers for suitable and effective use.
- Documented the process to setup Datapower appliances in [company name] network.
- Laid out Single Sign On security pattern across [company name] applications using Open SSO.
- Implemented granular/method level authorizations using WSRR for Web-services.
- Developed design pattern to communicate in between MQ 7 and MQ 6 using MPGW.
- Implemented MPGW for content based routing.
- Laid out a framework for change control using Subversion, Jenkins, Maven.
- Integrated Mediabin/Teamsite content management services and MDM with Datapower appliance.
- Added/setup/installed new WPS, MQ / MQ Queues as required.
at this job
Project Manager / Enterprise Architect
Key contributor in the implementation of [company name]'s Enterprise environment, the role requiring functional, technical and leadership skills with the ability to think conceptually and strategically. Responsible in defining and implementing system architecture; creating and reviewing hardware and software specifications; planning and executing activities related to: network security, hardware and software deployment, storage configuration, backup and recovery strategies; project planning and scheduling; implementation and communications for all infrastructure related projects/tasks across an inter-departmental multi-functional team.
- Initiated project management processes, workflows, templates and standardized project reporting, streamlining the planning and implementation of project lifecycle-based PMI and SDLC based standards to be implemented on Project Server 2010/SharePoint 2010 Platform. Substantially improved the overall documentation quality, status-reporting and communication; and a core team member of Project Management Leadership Team.
- Collaboration project to implement SharePoint 2010 and Exchange 2010. SharePoint 2010 architected as a multi-server farm intranet / extranet solution. Exchange 2010 architected as a high-availability solution and upgraded from existing Exchange 2003 environment and fully integrated with SharePoint 2010. Precursor was an Implementation of a SharePoint MOSS 2007 Portal Extranet including SharePoint Governance and Taxonomy; architecture of the DMZ, and Active Directory security groups.
- Implementation of new county-wide ERP solution; responsible for documenting and managing timelines of infrastructure deliverables; communications and escalations as needed.
- Upgrade of existing Backup/Restore architecture to newer, more efficient technology using IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Responsible for project planning and scheduling; project documentation and communications.
- Creation and management of the Datacenter Configuration & Support project - master project for 10 datacenter related sub projects which cover: Server strategy; Storage strategy; Virtualization strategy; VMware ELA implementation; Monitoring implementation; Hot & Cold Aisle Reconfiguration; Power & Cooling; and Disaster Recovery related projects.
- Active Directory 2008 standardization project responsible for the creation of the project templates, review of project plan, schedule, communications, periodic review of project documents and mentor to the assigned project manager.
at this job
Principal Enterprise Architect
Working on the design of a next generation freight forwarding system. Accomplishments include:
- Served as evangelist to technical and management team to convince them that using Complex Event Processing (CEP) architecture was the right direction to build a state of the art transportation system
- Designed the data loading tool to allow data from DB of record to be loaded into data cache for processing in CEP.
- Defined deployment architecture for CEP subsystem.
- Mentored developers in CEP technology and rules processing.
- Designed Blaze rules architecture for global invoicing system and created high level design for business processing rules.
- Mentored developers in the Blaze rules technology and served as technical resource to resolve problems and issues
- Assumed responsibility for the entire integration architecture and created design for next generation of this system and started the effort to create a best practices and processes to harmonize canonical schema designs being crated at various sites worldwide.
at this job
Enterprise Architect SME Area
- Create/Enhance/Modify/Enforce enterprise standards. Spearheaded the development of enterprise artifacts/models for system-to-system integration, system landscape, and system-to-infrastructure. Architected artifacts and/or frameworks that described the AS-IS and TO-BE system landscape which included integration points, protocols methods, data archive processes, disaster recovery plans and project migration phasing. Supported architecture principles in the Architect Review Board (ARB) process, assisted cross functional projects with different architecture domains, the Technical Approval Board (TAB) and Change Advisory Board (CAB) for medium and large projects. Championed the re-use of SAP PI (Process Integration) for all domestic B2B integrations. Collaborated with business teams with laying out road map project direction and sequencing. Researched new technology for future business direction and delivered proof of concepts.
- Enterprise Content Management project (Role: System & Integration Architect)
- IT Reboot project (Role: Integration & Solution Architect)
- Burt's Bee integration project (Role: Integration & Solution Architect)
at this job
ECM Enterprise Architect
Identified needs for ECM (DB2 Content Manager) for initial deployment Medical Records pilot. Identified needs for global ECM initiative.
- Consolidated existing business and technical requirements from across the enterprise, conducted organizational analysis.
- Conducted stakeholder interviews and provided subject matter expertise to validate the requirements for business and technical report
- Developed metadata model for Medical Records content repository.
- Developed ECM needs analysis for Medical Records, business and functional requirements, executive summary of findings and presentations.
- Developed detailed use-cases based on requirements, defined taxonomy and search requirements.
- Defined a proof-of-concept (POC) and proof-of-technology (POT) strategy for the Autonomy Enterprise Search Tool to evaluate usability and technical requirements.
- Researched and developed preliminary Desktop Search Tool Vendor Analysis and Scorecards.
- Reviewed and validated initial Technical Design documentation for Medical Records pilot implementation.
- Researched and developed custom tailored an ECM Service Desk escalation, redirection and resolution processes.
at this job
Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Created the enterprise architecture practice and led a team of highly-skilled architects in the areas of IT system development, product selection, infrastructure design, and application architecture modeling. Advised application teams on client-server, batch, mainframe, and web architectures to support end-to-end information technology solutions for core business units and financial services subsidiaries.
- Provided strategic direction for the architectural development of mainframe and client-server applications for systems developed both in house and by external vendors across financial services and insurance business domains. Managed technology-related vendor relationships and coordinated architecture activities with external and internal partners.
- Evaluated emerging application development technologies and infrastructure architectures for general use by all IT departments. Identified gaps in the SDLC and made recommendations for improvements in processes, toolsets, and staffing strategies. Developed training plans and recommended migration paths.
- Provided strategic direction for financial services Internet solutions providing shareholder, broker/dealer, and client access to financial transaction history and statements. Coordinated activities between the vendor and internal IT organizations for both customized and COTS solutions.
- Led the strategy planning activities for the redesign of the company's most widely used intranet web portal, supporting 2500+ field agents. Negotiated requirements with the business unit, constrained scope, and provided architectural direction to a cross-departmental team to deliver a streamlined solution to support the franchised sales process and improve revenue capability.
at this job
Enterprise Architect Manager
Develop, maintain, govern and evolve the Enterprise Architecture for large global clients.
- Maintain 1, 3 and 5 year road maps. Correlate IT and Business road maps and capabilities.
- Oversee and work closely with all Enterprise Architects in the various disciplines.
- Align Enterprise Architecture to Subject Matter Experts for commodity based matrix.
- Business Architecture, heat maps.
- [company name] Power(Linux, i5, AIX), VMWare, High Availability, Storage Services, Tivoli, DataPower.
- Implementation and support of various technology solutions and applications deployed through the use of local and wide area networks and integration with host-based legacy systems (Distributed systems), with a particular emphasis on services based approaches (i.e. SOAP, REST, WOA).
at this job