Drafter Cover Letter
Drafters develop technical drawings using computer-aided design systems. Their work is used in the construction and product manufacturing industries. Essential job duties of a Drafter include collecting data, creating drawings, visiting construction sites or manufacturing units, calculating weights and volumes, choosing materials to be used, developing component specifications, helping to develop operations manuals, and applying mathematical formulas.
A successful cover letter sample for Drafter usually focuses on the following skills and qualifications:
- Technical skills
- Drawing experience
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- A good understanding of industry standards and client requirements
- Attention to details
- Effective communication
- Time management
The cover letter example provided below showcases similar Drafter abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Drafter Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Burchfield:
When I learned of your search for an experienced Drafter to join your company, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With nine years of excellent experience skillfully converting engineering designs into plans—coupled with my extensive technical proficiencies—I am confident in my ability to significantly benefit your team.
My background includes evaluating designs to identify necessary materials, specify technical details, and produce detailed plans and drawings utilizing computer-aided design software. With a strong talent for balancing multiple competing projects and tasks, I have honed my ability to support engineers throughout the design process from conception through execution. Furthermore, my time management, interpersonal, and leadership skills position me ready to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include…
- Drawing CAD 2D drawings of electrical schematics, loop and termination diagrams, elevations, and section layouts to display changes to utility power substations from detailed designs as a Drafter with KDI Power in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Personally inspecting field station sites to verify documentation pertaining to as-built changes.
- Producing and maintaining drawing files using company-standard software.
- Participating in a collaborative team-oriented environment, leading peers to project success while also excelling within more independent roles.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and project management talents while leveraging a keen eye for engineering design.
With my strong experience and credentials, complemented by my commitment to flawlessly detailed plans and drawings, I believe I could quickly outperform your expectations. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
James M. Bennett