Child Care/behavior Specialist
Created instructional materials and behavioral plan modifications for three special needs children.
- Formulated and carried out daily schedules that met the physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Productively created procedures to maintain the routines both in school and home.
- Maintained children's attention during group time by presenting material in a fun and exciting way.
- Fostered effective, ongoing communication with parents by providing verbal and written reports on children's activities.
- Collaborated with parents, teachers, and other professionals to maintain continuity of care for children.
Learning Behavior Specialist
- Led IEP meetings and case managed 5 students with a variety of disabilities in an inclusive and instructional educational setting
- Taught daily lessons in Reading, Math and writing
- Developed and monitored behavior plans while offering classroom teachers support and behavior management strategies
- Administered normative academic achievement tests and reported results to parents and Student Assistance Team
- Monitored student progress using AIMSweb curriculum based measurements
- Co-led Data meetings in order to analyze data and provide teachers with grouping and intervention strategies
Established rapport with families and recognized family dynamics.
- Awareness of different cultures and signs of neglect and abuse.
- Analyzed and provided treatment for socially significant behaviors.
- Taught families intensive ABA techniques to replace problem behaviors.
- Understand the functional relationship between antecedent, behavior, and consequent.
- Encouraged families to use differential reinforcements and proactive interventions.
- Measured and recorded behaviors during and after client session.
at this job
Behavior Specialist Consultant/mobile Therapist
- Worked one-on-one with children with developmental disabilities and emotional disturbances
- Developed treatment plans for children with various needs and behavioral concerns based on needs presented in evaluation
- Modeled research-based interventions for families and natural supports to implement with children across all environments
- Trained therapeutic support staff and oversaw implementation of behavioral interventions from treatment plan
- Provided supervision to master's level staff and assisted in solving clinical issues in discussed cases under the supervision of a board certified behavior analyst
- Reviewed and corrected treatment plans for master's level clinicians
- Coordinated collaborative meetings with all supports in children's natural environments to provide the most effective level of care across all environments
at this job
Taught teachers behavior management techniques for classroom and individual behavior management.
- Developed and trained staff on behavior interventions
- Consulted with Special Education Staff with the development of Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Worked between four elementary schools.
- Consulted with Parents and Special Education Staff during IEP meetings.
Provided consultation and modeling, to school personnel, for classroom management techniques and individualized behavior plan training and implementation for students educated in sub-separate specialized programs and within the general education setting
- Conducted Initial Assessments, 3 year Re-Evaluations, Assessments for Home Based Services, Functional Behavior Assessments and made service recommendations accordingly
- Participated inTEAM meetings for the purposes of determining special education eligibility, developing IEPs and discussing transition plans for students return to the Lynnfield Public School system
- Completed progress reports based on data collection pertaining to each student's goals and objectives
- Facilitated small group social skills training for elementary aged students
- Designed and provided home-based consultation and parent training centered on adapting and reducing challenging behavior, teaching daily living skills, communication and socialization
at this job
Utilize clinical background to evaluate behavioral issues (self-injurious behavior, aggression, verbal abuse, etc.) displayed by individuals with intellectual disability and at least one mental health diagnosis
- Create goal-focused and individualized 15-20 page behavior plans to guide direct care staff in how to best address behavioral issues that arise daily with individuals in care
- Collect and analyze behavior data and consult with Psychiatrist on potential medication additions or reductions
- Develop and implement behavior plan trainings for all staff working with the individual
- Work with staff, Psychologist, and other team members to achieve positive outcomes for the individual in care
- Provide insight and recommendations to team members regarding current clinical needs of individual in care
at this job
Provide individualized in home Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services with special emphasis on parent training to children with developmental disabilities including Autism.
- Provide observation and data collection through client sessions.
- Provide parent consultation and demonstrate ABA programs and interventions.
- Document behavior notes and track frequency and duration of client's behaviors.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients and their families.
- Attend weekly team meeting and receive supervisor trainings and observations.
Behavior Specialist Assistant
- Help design and implement behavioral strategies for the formation of behavior plans.
- Responsible for developing, training, and clinically assessing the implementation of behavior plans for an adult population with mental and developmental disabilities.
- Assist with physical interventions as needed and/or provide clinical over site to ensure techniques are being carried out appropriately.
- Participate in recreational outings when deemed and directed by BS/Administrator to assess the individual's behavior in the community in order to make transitions to the community more successful for all.
- Attend team meetings and psychiatric appointments as needed and directed by the Behavior Specialist.
- Selected and completed the Professional Development Institute Leadership Series of [company name].
at this job
- Designed and implemented behavior modification plans for adults with traumatic brain injury and other mental health diagnoses (depression, alcohol and substance abuse, bi-polar, anxiety, intermittent explosive, and more)
- Conducted behavior modification trainings for staff
- Conducted individual and group sessions (psychoeducational and therapy) for clients
- Exhibited strong clinical documentation skills
at this job