Special Needs Assistant Cover Letter
Special Needs Assistants assist lead teachers in a range of activities to encourage special education students across academic, social and behavioral standards. Common responsibilities include preparing daily lesson plans, organizing teaching materials, maintaining an orderly classroom and assisting students with daily life tasks. Strong empathy skills, a communicative and approachable personality and training in special education techniques are all required for this position.
Here are some of the skills that should be mentioned in a cover letter for this role:
- Lesson and activity planning
- Student needs assessment
- Academic, social, behavioral standards
- Student tracking/progress monitoring
- Life skills support
- Parent/student communication
- Language development
Below, find a sample cover letter for a Special Needs Assistant with comparable skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Special Needs Assistant Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Ms. Johnson:
As a skilled and enthusiastic emerging special education teacher with experience planning engaging activities and curriculum for diverse students, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background, communication strengths and passion for special education positions me to significantly impact your school in the role of Special Needs Assistant.
Supporting lead teachers, assisting with student tracking and evaluation and implementing innovative educational techniques are just a few of the areas in which I excel. By helping to teach physically and mentally challenged students across a range of subjects and capacities, I have honed my creativity, interpersonal and motivational skills. Furthermore, my inherent passion for fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments for students facing unique challenges and needs will serve to encourage and develop high-functioning, thoughtful, and successful young students.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Excelling as a Teacher Aide in a first-grade special education classroom for the past three years, instructing students on life skills; supporting language development; helping to manage behavioral concerns; and creating daily learning, physical fitness and social skills plans to boost students’ confidence and performance.
- Monitoring and documenting student progress toward academic and behavior standards, communicating regularly with parents, staff, caregivers and the lead teacher.
- Building and sustaining strong student and parent relationships, encouraging student queries, comments and concerns and laying the foundation for a dynamic and productive classroom environment.
- Earning a BA in Special Education from Santa Fe University in 2017; holding certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Demonstrating excellent empathy, organization and leadership talents.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and exceed your expectations as your next Special Needs Assistant. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Veronica D. Sanchez