Physical Education Teacher Cover Letter
Physical Education Teachers help students develop their physical abilities and provide advice on how to have a healthy life through exercise. Typical duties of a Physical Education Teacher include promoting physical activity, coaching sports teams, monitoring physical development of children, delivering lessons, adapting curricula to students with special needs, tracking attendance, giving assignments, motivating students, and taking disciplinary action when needed.
Successful cover letter samples for Physical Education Teacher focus on skills and qualifications such as:
- Instruction skills
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Knowledge of healthy habits
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
Below is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting comparable skills and abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physical Education Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Aragon:
As an enthusiastic and energetic Physical Education Teacher with more than eight years of dynamic experience promoting physical activity and healthy habits among middle and high school students, I am excited to submit to you the enclosed resume. My background and passion for physical education positions me to significantly and positively impact your school.
My expertise lies in fostering physical development; promoting exercise and healthy eating; and encouraging team building and student cohesion through physical challenges, activities, sports, and games. By instructing students across a range of ages and backgrounds—including students with special needs and disabilities—I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. Furthermore, my enthusiasm for fostering a lifelong commitment to physical fitness and health has successfully developed thoughtful and health-conscious students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Organizing physical education activities, programs, and games to strengthen and improve students’ physical fitness and stamina as appropriate for each age group.
- Developing targeted plans and programs—incorporating fun and interactive physical activities—while stimulating students’ enjoyment of exercise and appreciation for their health.
- Delivering special presentations to students, faculty, and parents on topics surrounding physical health, including nutrition and diet, human sexuality and anatomy, and substance abuse.
- Communicating effectively with students, teachers, parents, and peers to ensure each student’s needs are met and identify ways to improve their communication, coordination, and life skills.
- Coaching and leading sports teams and classes—including tennis, basketball, and soccer—on an informal, extracurricular basis.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of physical education at your school and outperform your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Jenny P. Steele