Middle School Math Teacher Cover Letter
Middle school math teachers instruct students from sixth to eighth grade in various mathematical concepts, helping them transition from fairly basic math into more sophisticated and abstract theories. Expertise in areas such as algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics is necessary. The ability to clearly communicate and crystalize abstract ideas is a huge asset in this role, as are excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and a high level of patience.
Sample cover letters for middle school math teachers show these abilities and areas of strength are important to mention:
- Classroom management
- Lesson planning
- Curriculum development
- Assignments, quizzes, and tests
- Grading and feedback
- Student support and tutoring
- Student relations
- Staff, teacher, and administrator collaboration
- Lectures and discussions
- Innovative educational strategies
Please find an example of a cover letter for this position beneath, with relevant skills and qualifications noted.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Lund:
With my extensive teaching background in mathematics, as well as my certification to teach in the state of Wyoming, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My experience and enthusiasm for educating middle school students provides me with the drive and knowledge to significantly impact Riverside Middle School as your next math teacher.
Lesson planning, needs assessment, and engaging educational techniques are just a few areas in which I have gained experience and thorough comprehension. Throughout my academic career, I honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills, and have demonstrated the ability to individualize my instruction to students of varying capacities and understandings. In addition, I excel at contributing to school success in other ways, such as tutoring, coaching, and after-school enrichment program leadership.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Teaching sixth, seventh, and eighth graders at Cheyenne Mountainside Middle School in algebra, geometry, calculus, trigonometry, and statistics
- Selecting and preparing curricula, assigning homework, administering and grading tests, and modifying lessons appropriately to ensure comprehensive student understanding of the topics
- Developing a new curriculum for an algebra II/trigonometry class for seventh graders using an expeditionary learning model; receiving positive feedback and results from students
- Leveraging various instructional techniques – including lectures, hands-on projects, group discussions, and demonstrations – to communicate and crystalize abstract concepts
- Coaching the junior varsity men’s tennis team, leading a MathCounts after-school enrichment program, and providing daily tutoring support to students requiring extra help
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and time management abilities
With my experience and credentials, I am ready to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your school and am certain to exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Gerald D. Lindsey