4th Grade Teacher
Applied knowledge of current education and instructional theories, methodologies, techniques, and principles, knowledge of subject matter, and knowledge of state, local, and federal laws and regulations affecting the lives and education of students. Understands child and adolescent development. I managed student behavior, communicated effectively using a variety of media, worked with others as a team, organized and maintained records, managed time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Provided instruction to a class, individual students, or groups of students using such methods as oral presentation, demonstration, discussion of homework assignments, answering questions, offering laboratory directions, and games.
- Planned lessons, including activities such as preparing learning objectives and goals, designing tests or exams, studying material, setting up labs, and preparing exams.
- Facilitated learning in the classroom (e.g., maintained discipline; encouraged participation; consulted with parents, school staff, and other care providers to identify and address social or developmental needs.)
- Evaluated student performance by maintaining records and document student progress.
- Maintained professional development through such activities as classes, conferences, seminars, workshops, and professional journals; provide technical guidance to less experienced teachers.
- Performed various administrative activities.