High School Teacher Cover Letter
High School Teachers provide instruction to students in grades 9 to 12. These professionals are specialized in a certain subject, such as English or science, and have state licenses allowing them to teach in public schools. Examples of High School Teacher duties include: planning lessons, organizing activities, using multiple teaching methods, assigning homework, motivating students, taking disciplinary actions when needed, discussing concepts, answering to student inquiries, and joining students during trips.
Typical job qualifications of a High School Teacher mentioned on most cover letter examples include:
- Instruction skills
- Excellent knowledge of their specific subject
- The ability to motivate students
- Classroom control
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication
- Teamworking skills
Similar High School Teacher qualifications can be seen on the example cover letter provided below.
For more information on what it takes to be a High School Teacher, check out our more complete High School Teacher Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive High School Teacher Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Davis:
As a motivated and organized professional with experience in coordinating education programs and leveraging outstanding communication skills to achieve success, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. You will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your high school as your next English teacher.
My background in developing strategic learning programs to facilitate education and subject comprehension has prepared me to make significant contributions to Sunnyview High School in this position. With a solid foundation in assessing needs, customizing programs, discussing abstract concepts, and communicating across highly diverse student groups, I am prepared to excel in this position.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Leading engaging, thought-provoking, and dynamic English classes of up to 30 participants and designing tailored lessons designed to ensure optimal comprehension.
- Grading tests, maintaining student records, and monitoring overall student performance to optimize subject interest and retention.
- Contributing to cross-departmental meetings and conferences while maintaining open and steady communications with school supervisors, parents, peers, and the larger community.
- Interacting effectively with teenagers, motivating and disciplining as appropriate while successfully building trusting and communicative relationships.
My skills in instructing high school students in accordance with both federal and internal school guidelines and criteria have been finely honed, and I am confident that I could make a positive impact on your school. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Erin G. Vinson