English Teacher Cover Letter
English Teachers teach students¬ elements of the English language and how to properly incorporate them, including grammar, composition, reading comprehension, and literature. At the college level, English Teachers teach more specific classes aimed at students’ particular interests, such as creative writing, literary theory, and others.
An English Teacher’s cover letter is the first interaction that the teacher will have with the school of his or her choosing, so it is important that he or she provide a thorough and accurate description of his or her credentials in order to stand out from the crowd.
The job description of an English Teacher will incorporate responsibilities like:
- Apply different strategies and resources to capture and hold students’ attention
- Promote class participation to give students the opportunity to share and accept different ideas
- Teach composition, pronunciation, and grammar in a comfortable educational environment
English Teachers’ cover letters resemble the example which is provided below. Also, be sure to check out our extensive English Teacher resume samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Principal Carmichael:
It is my objective to secure a permanent position in the English department of the North Shore elementary or secondary school. I have over a decade of experience in education and have taught students of several different grade levels in English grammar and literature.
For the past several years, I have taught English to 5th and 6th grade students in the Youngstown school district. In this time, I have developed several different strategies to capture my students’ attention and share with them my passion for classic American literature. I aspire to create a fun, engaging learning environment for my students, and I would relish the opportunity to do this at the North Shore schools.
A few of my other teaching highlights include:
- Taught English as Second Language (ESL) in Japan from 2003-2006.
- Recognized as an outstanding teacher by the Youngstown PTA in 2008, 2010, and 2011.
- Continually facilitate an open, consistent, and nurturing learning environment where students are motivated to learn and driven by their own successes and accomplishments.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies, including whole/small group instruction, individualized attention, inquiry-based learning, and exploratory learning in order to make sure students of all learning modalities are successful.
I am an upbeat, positive person with lots of energy. I have good computer and writing skills. I have spent many years in my elementary and middle schools and know that I would be an immediate asset to your school.
I would love the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss employment in further detail. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.