Physics Teacher Cover Letter
A Physics Teacher instructs students at the high school level on various topics related to matter, force and energy. Some of their primary duties include designing and teaching lessons, assigning homework, grading tests, supervising lab work, and monitoring student progress.
Based on a review of successful Physics Teachers cover letters, a strong cover letter should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Physics expertise
- Excellent communication skills
- Teaching aptitudes
- Supervisory skills
- Organizational skills
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in physics or teaching
Below you will find an sample Physics Teacher cover letter that includes these skills and more to impress a hiring manager.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Physics Teacher Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Ms. De Santos,
With my extensive background in physical sciences, as well as my North Carolina state teaching certification, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My experience and enthusiasm for educating youth on the exciting subject of physics provides me with the drive and knowledge to significantly impact Longstreet Academy as your next Physics Teacher.
I have gained experience in lesson planning, needs assessment, and engaging educational techniques, among other skills. Throughout my four-year teaching career, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills to drive students to succeed while fostering close relationships with students and teachers. Furthermore, my commitment to fostering collaborative and exciting educational environments positions me to successfully encourage and develop productive, thoughtful, and accomplished physics students.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Current Physical Science teaching certification in the state of North Carolina; Master of Science in Physics from the University of North Carolina.
- Four years of experience teaching regular, honors and AP Physics classes at Thomas Jefferson High School.
- Experience creating targeted, student-centered lesson plans to achieve curriculum requirements and facilitate a personalized approach to education.
- Integrated lectures, lab activities, and hands-on learning opportunities while ensuring alignment with State Science Standards.
- Improved standardized test scores by 32% over a four-year period through in-depth student preparation and motivation.
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and time management abilities.
With my experience and credentials, I am ready to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at Longstreet Academy and am sure I will exceed your expectations in this position. I look forward to hearing from you to discuss my qualifications and your needs in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Tamara M. Jordan